C5 Coil Codes

nurkvinny

Got a message from a good friend, told him I would post here.

My short answer was already "factory coils are badass, leave well enough alone". But, it would still be nice to figure out the actual cause here...

So I have a 2002 Chevy Corvette. Runs perfectly fine. I was going through the normal tuning of the car after turning 60,000 on it. I replaced the plugs, wires, PCV valve, fuel filter, and oil. I was attempting to replace the coils on the Corvette even though I haven't had any issues with the factory coils on it now. I bought the coil pack from familycarparts.com for around $190.00. When they arrive they were new in the box. I disconnected the battery, then the main coil distribution wires, then each coil wire, then each spark plug wire. Then installed the new coils reversing the previous process. Connected the battery and started it up. This is where I am at odds.. the error codes displayed consisted of misfires and bad coils on every valve P0300 errors. So I have 8 brand new coils that are bad? Something seems off. Called the parts store had new coils shipped anyways, then repeated the above processes. Again 8 brand new coils that are bad? Seems odd to me. But it would seem it has to be the coils because both times the new coils created faults , so I reinstall the old factory coils and the car doesn't give error codes or misfire. Any thoughts?