A little Ecoboost F150 tuning....

BradyPPC

Thought I would go ahead and share some of our Ecoboost F150 tuning results. I really have not had much time at all to spend with the truck due to time constraints on other projects but we are pretty pleased so far with the results. There is still plenty of r&d left to do on this platform and I anticipate much larger gains in the near future. For now ,with only a few hours of dyno time, we are pretty happy with the results. On what I would consider a conservative tune, the truck picked up 56 lb/ft @ 3300 rpm and 37 hp @ 5650. Hopefully in a few weeks I will be able to get back on it and push it further. Until then we are simply going to drive it, beat on it, log it and monitor everything for the next few weeks.

http://pickupspluscars.com/gallery/main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_itemId=6026&g2_serialNumber=2

And of course, being a shop owned truck, a burnout is mandatory....

http://pickupspluscars.com/gallery/main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_itemId=6027&g2_serialNumber=1

Fuck yeah! Im really starting to think about upgrading trucks and this one has my attention. Have you used it to tow anything yet?

I personally havent towed with it yet. Kyle drives it mostly and he has towed a few times. He says it does great. We have a SuperSnake scheduled for some work that requires a pickup in our enclosed car hauler. We typically use our Duramax for those but I may just hook up the ecoboost and go with it.

It is an impressive truck. The torque comes on really nice and hard when you first push into it and the truck doesnt stop pulling all the way to the shift. Stock you can feel power round over before the shift. Hopefully I can get my schedule cleared in the next 2 weeks to get back on it. Im exited to see how far we can push it. For now, I am very comfortable with the tune file the way it is in terms of being able to put into a vehicle and have customer beat on it and knowing that there isnt going to be any issues.

Brady, what tuning package are you running?

Its our own setup and we have a company that is making us a flash device for the ecoboost. It holds the stock file as well as our tune. There currently are not any commercial tuning packages available for the ecoboost platform to my knowlege.

Its our own setup and we have a company that is making us a flash device for the ecoboost. It holds the stock file as well as our tune. There currently are not any commercial tuning packages available for the ecoboost platform to my knowlege.

Superchips, just had one featured on Gearz they had a black f-150. Then modded it

Heart throb cat-back

air raid CAI

Superchip tuner , the red ones I typically see truck owners have.

http://staceydavid.com/episodes/boosting-ford-eco-boost-buffing-nasty-paint-back-life

I personally havent towed with it yet. Kyle drives it mostly and he has towed a few times. He says it does great. We have a SuperSnake scheduled for some work that requires a pickup in our enclosed car hauler. We typically use our Duramax for those but I may just hook up the ecoboost and go with it.

It is an impressive truck. The torque comes on really nice and hard when you first push into it and the truck doesnt stop pulling all the way to the shift. Stock you can feel power round over before the shift. Hopefully I can get my schedule cleared in the next 2 weeks to get back on it. Im exited to see how far we can push it. For now, I am very comfortable with the tune file the way it is in terms of being able to put into a vehicle and have customer beat on it and knowing that there isnt going to be any issues.

I pulled an enclosed trailer, from Perry County to Chillicothe to pick up kitchen cabinets, on a very windy night, with damp roads. The road down there has some serious hills, the truck did awesome and never felt like it needed more power to break the head wind and pull the enclosed trailer, nor did it do so once I piled in the kitchen cabinets. If I needed a truck that would be the truck for me. Good thing I can borrow that if I need.

Superchips, just had one featured on Gearz they had a black f-150. Then modded it

Heart throb cat-back

air raid CAI

Superchip tuner , the red ones I typically see truck owners have.

http://staceydavid.com/episodes/boosting-ford-eco-boost-buffing-nasty-paint-back-life

Yeah, I should have said commercially available custom tuning solution. Bullydog also has a programmer available for the Ecoboost. If I was choosing an off the shelf unit, I would pick a superchips over bully dog any day of the week. The big advantage we have is that we can custom tailor a tune or make changes if need be where the off the shelf stuff is what it is.

I pulled an enclosed trailer, from Perry County to Chillicothe to pick up kitchen cabinets, on a very windy night, with damp roads. The road down there has some serious hills, the truck did awesome and never felt like it needed more power to break the head wind and pull the enclosed trailer, nor did it do so once I piled in the kitchen cabinets. If I needed a truck that would be the truck for me. Good thing I can borrow that if I need.

My insurance agent has an ecoboost truck that he tows a ton with and he says the exact same thing. It is a great engine for towing mainly because tq comes on so early and really never falls off.

brady i hate reading your posts... you have the best job in the world.... :lol:

Grass is always greener on the other side man...lol I love my job and getting to do what I enjoy. I get alot of credit for things that come out of the shop simply because I am probably the most visible one of us and the only one that really gets involved with forums when in reality there are several of us that make it happen. I handle all of our tuning side of things but really everyone from our sales staff to our tech team is what gives me the ability to do what I do and gives us the ability to work on some of the projects we get to work on.

Yeah, I should have said commercially available custom tuning solution. Bullydog also has a programmer available for the Ecoboost. If I was choosing an off the shelf unit, I would pick a superchips over bully dog any day of the week. The big advantage we have is that we can custom tailor a tune or make changes if need be where the off the shelf stuff is what it is.

I wouldn't have mentioned this, but I was watching this on Sunday on the dvr at a buddies house. I was talking about the LS7 hand built motor to be put in the SLC project they have on GEARZ. Then I was talking smack to his Dad, it's his truck. I drove more to get cabinets then buddy has driven, so my buddy asked to take it on Vacation, and his Dad said only if I can take your Mustang to the track with Ricky. His Dad he started change his tune, then Dad said I guess he don't want to take the truck on Vacation very bad.