laptop help.

pontiacfreak142

The laptop is a toshiba satalite L655.

Pretty sure it got a virus and crashed the entire system. The laptop starts up, gets to the windows loading screen, then immediately goes to a start up repair screen. Ive been told that these are supposed to have a system recovery program or something built in, but cant seem to find it/ get anything to work.

Any idea's?

copied from another site. guessing since it won't boot all the way you won't be able to grab all your data

1. Copy all your files and documents to an external storage device.

2. Shut down the computer.

3. Turn the PC back on and hit the F8 key repeatedly until the Advanced Boot Option Screen appears.

4. Click "Repair Your Computer" if you are not already on it and then press ENTER

5. choose your country and click OK

6. On the "System Recovery Options Screen" click "Restore Application" which is the last option.

7. Follow the on-screen instructions

8. When prompted, click on "Full Factory Recovery"

9. "Next"

10. Click "Yes"

11. you will notice for a while it seems like nothing is happening, give it some time.

12. After some minutes, recovery will complete and you click "Finish"

As soon as you see the toshiba splash screen either hit f11 to boot to the recovery console or f8, then hit repair my computer, then toshiba recovery will be an option. This will wipe the computer clean.

When that repair/recovery screen comes up follow the prompts until you see the list of options (startup repair, system restore...) the last one should be 'Toshiba Recovery Wizard'. This will re-image your laptop. It will also delete all your personal data.

I got this info from my Toshiba A665 laptop.