Mazda RX7 Peeps step in

01WS6

I have been selected for a special mission to get a very nice RX7 back up and running from sitting on jackstands for 6 years. Only one issue. Computer is missing out of the car. Not sure where it went or what the origional owner may have done with it but there isnt one. Its a FD 93 turbo model with manual trans. I looked on ebay and saw a couple going from 2-300$. Now my question is if i went and purchased this what are the steps in order to get this working with this car? I imagine it will have to go to a dealer to get programmed and what not. I also know this car is not stock so I imagine that wont help the process either. I dont know much about these cars and what not so If you do steer me with some knowledge so I can get this car up and running!

If possible, you'll want to figure out what ECU it was running before. If it was successfully running on a stock ECU (doubtful if the car is modified), then you could just plug it in and go.

What's more likely is that the car was running an aftermarket ECU such as an Apex-i Power FC. That system would plug in right where the stock one does and require a specfic tune for the car. It would also be worth some money, so it would make sense that it would be taken out of the car and sold if they didn't care to deal with the car anymore.

Any way you can tell us what modifications have been done to the car to give a better idea of what you'll need ECU-wise in order to run it?

pro tip: all FD's were supercharged

Not sure if your cereal?

All FD's were stock twin sequential turbos.

Basic rule with FD ECU, 3 bolt on mods are ok on stock ECU. After that, go after market. Everything is very easily modded and shows good results with everything you do. You never hear anyone flashing the ECU.

What mods are done to the car? This will allow you to be pointed in the right direction

I won't know till I can see the car. It's actually in Columbus. The kids dad is getting it back as the son hasn't done anything with the car for that many years. Once I know more ill get in touch with you guys. Thanks a lot for the info so far

Are you asking if anyone has a stock ecu ?

for a FD ??

bc ours is missing ???

I have one.

Basically yes I am in need of one. PM me a price if you could please

Little more info I found was that it has different size turbos on it and bigger intercooler. Otherwise motor has never been opened up. I will get the exact mod list a little later.

Are you asking if anyone has a stock ecu ?

for a FD ??

bc ours is missing ???

I have one.

PS you know your car is stock if black plastic covers everything i.e.

http://www.turborx7.com/images/myrx7/Picture%20016.jpg

I havent been able to see the car yet so I couldnt tell you what all it has or dont until we go pick it up.

just a thought, maybe you could borrow a stock ecu and see if it runs (and how well seeing as to how its modded) and if that doesnt work, then you could just go after market and not have paid for something you dont need.

No if its modded ++ he will blow his motor.