WTB: Vehicle for Mother-in-law $10k plus tax

Prodeje79

I just started looking around for her. She seems to really like the HHR.

I found this:

http://www.wyssmotors.com/vehicle_pages/3GNCA13B19S627722-2009-Chevrolet-HHR.shtml

Thoughts?

She wants a newer vehicle with under 30 or 40k miles. Again price is max $10k plus tax.

Automatic, not too small, but good gas economy. She has a Checy Malibu now.

Never been too big a fan on the HHR, I dont think they get the gas mileage that the car/engine size might indicate.

That mileage and price sends up massive red flags in my head about accident history, that seems a bit low. Or maybe they've just had it on the lot forever.

We've taken a few in on trade though and they rarely ever need anything more than tires/brakes done, they usually seem to be well taken care of by their owners.

My MIL actually has an HHR and she's looking to replace it soon. She mentioned that it doesn't get great mileage, just okay. Also it's basically a Cavalier in terms of power and interior quality. Overall it's not bad but I don't care for it and she certainly wasn't impressed over the last couple of years of ownership. She loved the styling though. Overall I think she'd rate it as a "meh" at best. You may want to have her drive one first to she if she likes it.

• 2 weeks later...
do you get any kind of new car discounts?? gm etc? This was back in 2003 but my mom has the gm discount and got a ion for iirc around 11k... If she just drives and doesnt need anything else etc I say go look at new kia/ hyundai they have 100k war. and can be had new for that price