Hawk HPS vs Ceramic?

Science Abuse

I drove to work today with the HP+ in the car and remembered why I can't wait to put back in the HPS. They stop just fine in the cold, but squeak and squeal something awesome.

I still maintain that if you're main function is stopping from high speed more than once then do at least the HP+. As Tinman pointed out, if you're only going to have to do it one time and not worry about anything after that, then HPS will work.

Chris has been 'spot on' with his posts. We are a Hawk pad dealer so I am familiar with the Hawk line. I ran the HPS all last season in autocross, and this year stepped up to the HP+. The HPS does not have the initial torque and bite as the HPS. The HPS is purely a street pad, and is 'ok' for autocross when you compare it to the HP+. If you are going to autocross, I would recommend the HP+. I would NOT use the HP+ for Mid-Ohio, but only for a Nelson Ledges or a Putnam.

It is always a give and take with brake pads. If you want stopping power, you will have more dust. If you want a 'casual' street pad, you will get less dusting. You just need to determine what is more important - less dust and less torque/bit or more dust and more torque bite.

BTW, if you get the HP+ you WILL sounds like a school bus/truck when coming to a stop with cold pads and you will get a lot of stares from people thinking 'WTF is wrong with his brakes' :lolguy: