Contact list help: Android to iPhone

JaSSon

Just switched the GF to an AT&T iPhone 4s from a VZW Droid Incredible. This POS is holding her contacts hostage. It won't sync with Google, and it somehow managed to disassociate her Gmail contacts from her Google ID. Adding her Gmail to the iPhone should have imported her Google contacts. iTunes can't import from her Google ID either. I tried to use HTC Sync to sync her Incredible contacts with her local contacts on Windows. Nope, HTC Sync errored out! :dumb:

Is there a backup app that exists in both the Google Market and Apple App store?

The DInc is running rooted stock Gingerbread.

Don't use HTC sync.

Make sure you're on wifi if you've already disconnected the phone from Verizon (I'd probably use wifi anyway, verizon lol)

Settings > Accounts and Sync > Her Gmail Account > then just uncheck and recheck next to "Sync Contacts". A little spinny arrow should appear and then you're done.

Then you should be able to log into her account and see the contacts.

Don't use HTC sync.

Make sure you're on wifi if you've already disconnected the phone from Verizon (I'd probably use wifi anyway, verizon lol)

Settings > Accounts and Sync > Her Gmail Account > then just uncheck and recheck next to "Sync Contacts". A little spinny arrow should appear and then you're done.

Then you should be able to log into her account and see the contacts.

Tried that. It keeps giving me a google sync error.