WTB: kimber 1911

SRTurbo04

I'd let my TLE SS pro go for the right price

If she's interested in a 4"

http://shop.rrarms.com/media/catalog/product/cache/1/image/9df78eab33525d08d6e5fb8d27136e95/3/2/3200238.png

EDIT: MSRP is $1223

http://www.kimberamerica.com/1911/compact-ii-pro-carry-ii/stainless-pro-tle-ii

I am thinking probably $900

Kimber Custom II, 3 Wilson mags, 1 Kimber mag, Hiviz fiber optic front sight, trigger job on original parts (correct sear angle, etc...), beveled thumb safety (eliminates pain from a sharp edge while shooting), and Hogue palm swell grips.

I haven't really thought about selling it before, so I have no idea what price I would be looking for. Shoot me an offer and we can go from there.

Edit: It's hard to see in the pic, but the edge of the thumb safety is polished.

http://i49.photobucket.com/albums/f277/punkhott712/IMAG0004.jpg

P.S. If I sell it, I also have a Desanits IWB holster and a Desantis shoulder holster that could go as well.

Curious... Why a kimber?

Look for a pre series II pistol. No Schwartz FPS to deal with. I've owned several kimbers they shoot good groups but for the money the quality just isn't there.

But with that said I have a full size custom pre series II and it's one of my favorite 1911's I've owned. It is a work horse, all I've actually NEEDED to replace on it was the extractor which will happen with any 1911.

Curious... Why a kimber?

Look for a pre series II pistol. No Schwartz FPS to deal with. I've owned several kimbers they shoot good groups but for the money the quality just isn't there.

But with that said I have a full size custom pre series II and it's one of my favorite 1911's I've owned. It is a work horse, all I've actually NEEDED to replace on it was the extractor which will happen with any 1911.

The FPS isn't really an issue at all, let alone one that you would need to "deal with." I would say that the quality can be absent, but a Kimber is in no way guaranteed to be poor quality. Having been working on 1911s for a while, I can say that I'm very pleased with the Kimbers that deserve to pass their quality control. The fit is tight and they perform very well both at the range and in carry scenarios. They're not on the same level as a Wilson or a custom built gun, but they're not priced to be either.

The FPS isn't really an issue at all, let alone one that you would need to "deal with." I would say that the quality can be absent, but a Kimber is in no way guaranteed to be poor quality. Having been working on 1911s for a while, I can say that I'm very pleased with the Kimbers that deserve to pass their quality control. The fit is tight and they perform very well both at the range and in carry scenarios. They're not on the same level as a Wilson or a custom built gun, but they're not priced to be either.

They are tight guns and as I said produce great groups and I love mine, but just saying for the money(usually) they are a bit too much. But that's just my .02 cents. Hope you find a nice one at a fair price.