Carb Tuning Issues

98_TEGGY

Ok, I have a '78 malibu that wears a 355ci SB, I have recently switched to E85 and I am trying to tune out the carb. It has a 850cfm Deamon carb I jetted it to 98fr/101rear and super lean (15:1ish) than went to a 106 square off (12.5/13:1) not good enough Im trying to get to 9:1 so I went to 108's and there was NO change in A/F ratio. Im starting to think that maybe the carb is just too small for my set up but I dont want to believe it because I dont have $800 just hanging out waiting to be spent! PLEASE HELP!

Is thaa deamon e85 carb. No way u should need any 100s jets have u tried to drive that thing your part throttle afr would be like 5.5. That's way too much jet and id bet 100 bucks that's not a e85 carb. To run e85 your entire circut system needs enlarged in the blocks and booster.

Fyi my 1000hp bt e85 carb runs 80s.

The carb is set up to run E85 new metering block, return style fuel system. I think I'm ok my afr gauge wasn't reading lambada so I converted the numbers and got what I wanted

so did you get quick fuel metering blocks?

if all you have is the metering blocks you also have to change your air bleeds, for idle and main circuts, and your boosters are for gas and way too small for e85, the blocks

alone are not a conversioin like they make you believe, ive known 2 people blow their motors with just the blocks on gas carbs. check horspower innovations, they do cheap e85 carbs