So.. guess what else happened to me today...

FocusDave01

Not to be a dick but I remember in your "smoke" thread you were revving the bike to redline. I don't think that is babying your bike. It sounds like the person that had it before you didn't properly care for the bike, and with it sitting at that shop for 6 months likely didn't help any.

If you tare that bitch apart, make sure you know what you, and more importantly, your buddies are dong. Label EVERYTHING.

Not to be a dick but I remember in your "smoke" thread you were revving the bike to redline. I don't think that is babying your bike. It sounds like the person that had it before you didn't properly care for the bike, and with it sitting at that shop for 6 months likely didn't help any.

If you tare that bitch apart, make sure you know what you, and more importantly, your buddies are dong. Label EVERYTHING.

agree that was a one time thing and know not to do that and as for getting on it 12-14k shifts when the shift light hits isnt raggin it redline is 16-17kish i dont know when i piped it i didnt hold it there in place jst hard pull anyway tho i agree like i stated tho we arent tearing it all apart checking the air box gonna do what rueben from 35motorsports suggested by taking the lowers off and cleaning it oil change and then rideing it around and seeing if it leaks still. and as for the 12-14k shifts i just started doin that when i first got her i shifted 8-9k range and my buddies said that that bike was not meant to be baby shifted like that but ur right redlining it prob is best either

Reading you post I need to wonder did you do the oil change? If not did they who ever changed it fill it correctly. Also the stock shifter requires you to remove the shifter to get at the oil filter. So who ever replaced the filter didn't tighten the shifter and should be the one to cover the costs. Also a little blue lock tite goes a long way...

As far as the leak I would take the lowers off and see whats wet. you motor shouldn't look slimmy. Take some WD 40 clean the bottom and finish off with simple green. My bet would be the drain plug is F'd up or the filter isn't tight.

If its truly bad have Rueben do a superstock rebuild you will have a very quick little R6 :D

man that would be nice...unfourtunally for me $$ doesnt go on trees its $1500 alone if head gaskets need replaced but im agreeing with you i think the people that changed the oil last just didnt do it right. *cough* middletown cycle *cough* im gonna do the oil change tomorrow so i know it got dont maybe get some plugs for it to but i hear changing plugs is a pita...