throttle unresponsive...

smashweights

so i took my 04 R6 out today for an hour and the first... maybe 2 minutes the throtte wouldnt accelerate any harder than beyond a few degrees of turning the grip... very slow, even when i pinned the throttle back... about 3-4 minutes in it was fine, but this has never happened before... should i be worried or just something that happens?

I assume he means clearing out carbon build up

ok i assumed that but never heard it described as that :)

It's kinda like choking the chicken, but you get black stuff out of it instead of mayo.....

your analogies are always the easiest to understand :lol:

did it again today. the engine had only been running for about a minute before but it's odd. i twist the throttle and it feels like i didnt open it up at all. it's fine once it's warmed up, i just dont recall it doing this before.

run it through the tank of gas, and if it still happens on the next tank, worry about it more.

it will happen again. like I said. he isn't the only person to have experienced the problem. even mine has done it a few times. the first time mine did it was in 2006. it didn't happen again until last summer.

and it won't always do it every time. I've been around so many R6 forums since I bought mine in 03 to know.

Edited by serpentracer

it will happen again. like I said. he isn't the only person to have experienced the problem. even mine has done it a few times. the first time mine did it was in 2006. it didn't happen again until last summer.

and it won't always do it every time. I've been around so many R6 forums since I bought mine in 03 to know.

well i guess that's good to know then.