Any Innovate XD16 users here?

gillbot

I got an Innovate XD16 with a LC1 wideband. Hooked it up and the gauge was going crazy switching between AFR display and Lambda. I hit the cal button on the XD16 3 times to initiate a calibration and let that run through, now all it reads is alternating between 20.8 and o2. I'm assuming this is normal, but will it revert to AFR once I fire the car up? There isn't much info in the manual otherwise.

I think this one is my fault. The directions I have here aren't very clear, but google's suggestions aren't much better. I'm hoping to find someone that has one working so I can compare how mine is hooked up vs. theirs and see if I did something wrong. It seems that most people get the simple LC1 with the dB gauge instead of the XD16 due to cost. Personally, I wanted the XD16 since it's rather slim and easier for me to find a place to mount it.

I ran that WB set up for a 4 years years and I was trouble shooting it often. They replaced it one time, after finding it was an issue on their end. Misplaced it with in their shop which delayed me getting it back. So I went and bought another one and sold their new one they sent me.

Hassle free now with an AEM.

Funny he just got rid of an AEM he was having trouble with...The irony.

To hell with the AEM ones.

It's not giving him problems, he doesn't know how to use it. ;)

Yeah, I think it's working fine but I wasn't sure. Their instructions aren't very good. It said push the button on the XD16 3 times rapidly, then once again when it flashes "cal" which I did, but it doesn't tell you that it will switch from AFR display to the alternating o2/20.8 so I thought I broke it.

To hell with the AEM ones.

Yeah, I think it's working fine but I wasn't sure. Their instructions aren't very good. It said push the button on the XD16 3 times rapidly, then once again when it flashes "cal" which I did, but it doesn't tell you that it will switch from AFR display to the alternating o2/20.8 so I thought I broke it.

Everytime you first turn the car on in the morning, or when the o2 sensor is just hanging in 'free air' the proper reading will be 20.8 o2.

if hte car has been ran, and restarted, there will still be some fuel vapor in the exhaust, which will give some high afr reading. (notice there are also 2 LEDs on the gauge, one for AFR, one for %02. the 20.8 reading is in %o2, not AFR.

the biggest issue with innovate and the xd is grounds, every ground must be in a different source, if both grounds have the same mil voltage it will go haywire,

make shure your grounds arent the same ones