Hvac people come in

Major_golf

let the coil thaw, take a good look at the evap coil and see if there is any embedded dirt, a dirty coil could cause it to freeze. the 2 main causes of a coil freezing is lack of air flow and low freeon, but usually when the freeon is too low it would trip a low pressure switch and the compressor wouldnt come on. i would bet on lack of air flow.

Home units if older typically dont have low pressure cut outs....Bastards will run forever. If I was local Id do you a Very reasonable service call, but Im not, good luck man. Definately shut off the AC leave the blower indoor on to help thaw out coil. Nothing can be done until thats thawed completely.

It can also just happen from the lack of use and orientation of your setup. You don't happen to have a roof mounted ac unit do you?

100% incorrect. Regardless of where this sits or how often it's used, it doesn't cause frosting or freezing. No if, ands, or buts about it.

64% correct 100% of the time

I'll insert the "but" here ;)

Rooftop ac's are prone to more issues they are exposed to more than a typical ground unit. A lot of times the lineset for those units is made too long and causes vibrations that = premature failure and can effect both the lines or the coil, especially if it's outdated.