99+ GMC Jimmy Radiator support removal

Benner

Gotta go remove a radiator support, headlight assembly, bumper and bumper cover for my brother-in-law this weekend at a junk yard. just hoping to see if anyone may know what sizes of wrenches and sockets I need and if anything special is needed for anything.

Gotta go remove a radiator support, headlight assembly, bumper and bumper cover for my brother-in-law this weekend at a junk yard. just hoping to see if anyone may know what sizes of wrenches and sockets I need and if anything special is needed for anything.

Hammer

no needs a flat head..

:lol:

go to autozone grab one of the books for that truck(most of them are open) read threw itll tell you what you need

Bumper and bumper supports are either 15mm or 17mm. Fender and core support bolts are mostly 13mm and 17mm I believe. As long as you have a metric socket set from 7mm to 19mm, screwdrivers, and a torx set you can take apart anything on an s10 or blazer.

Just did one these a few months back. 18mm nuts on the core support bolts. You'll either need a deep well socket or a wrench for these, as the bolts thread through the nuts a good bit. 10, 13, and 15mm will cover everything else. Take some extensions as well. Edited by TA In Progress
Added info

Or just a battery powered sawzaw and a bunch of batteries. That's what my buddy and I used to get a ta door jams and quarter off last year.

i came to say this, not trolling, but if you just cut behind the core support (fenders and everything) it would be easier to take it apart at home where you would have any tool you need and you could take your time.