Local Custom Exhaust Shop

ShoMeSomeFun

My truck build is coming to an end and I need a custom exhaust. I have a 306 in my 88 ranger with shorty hedman headers, and a C6 transmission.

I would like to run a dual exhaust with x-pipe exiting out the back passenger side. I have a fuel cell sitting in the center of the truck in-between the frame.

Are there any shops that can custom install/bend an exhaust from headers back. Would also like to have stainless or at the very least a galvanized metal of some sort.

Ive used Exhaust Works in the past but dont know if they can do something this complicated as its tight underneath of the truck, or if they have the type of metal I want.

Thanks for your input.

To give my experience on mad hatter....

I was looking to get a couple axle back pipes made.. I show up in my jeep, and 4-5 guys surround it. I walk in and the dude behind the counter is playing on his phone and doesn't see me. So I tell him what all I want and he throws me a "reasonable price". I look in the shop and it was a bunch of young hoodlums working on the cars. Place was disgusting. Ghetto as hell.

I know everyone says mad hatter, but I wouldn't let them work on a 96 accord. Let alone my jeep.

A place I used to use is Oz's Discount muffler.. I went there first. He moved to a different shop, and now he is just money hungry.. All I wanted was 2 exhaust pipes maybe 2' long each. I have done custom exhaust for 4 years and I knew exactly how hard it would be. He tells me a stick of 3" tubing is 100$, and 2-3 hours labor. A stick of aluminized tubing is NOT 100$. Well he then tells me how many cars he has to get done, and people not paying him for jobs he did.. I don't care. I have cash in pocket and your trying to rape me now.

Well luckily I still had a hook up at Midas, where I did custom exhaust for 4 years. I went back there and busted out 2 pipes, welded it all up within an hour.

Honestly I would look at maybe boost performance (they seem to be doing exhaust well)

Exhaust works ( a buddy of mine goes there)

FYI you can get stainless pipe, but I'm 99% sure you will not find anyone that will get galvanized exhaust pipe to weld.

Honestly I would look at maybe boost performance (they seem to be doing exhaust well)

Thanks for the recommendation Rocky

As for the exhaust feel free to give us a call at 740-403-3051 and we can set something up.

Mike's Custom Garage

25 Marion Street

Mount Vernon, OH 43050-1521

(740) 392-2358

He's been doing my familys exhaust for 20+ years now, it doesnt get a whole lot better than the work that mike does.

I personally have 3 cars with exhaust from him right now, I know 04SVT has a full stainless exhaust from him as well.

Thanks for the recommendation Rocky

As for the exhaust feel free to give us a call at 740-403-3051 and we can set something up.

Thanks for all the input. Ill look into boost performance. Truck will be towed in as its scheduled to get wired August 15th. Would that be an issue, as the truck will need to be pushed.

Thanks for all the input. Ill look into boost performance. Truck will be towed in as its scheduled to get wired August 15th. Would that be an issue, as the truck will need to be pushed.

Not a problem at all. Sent you a PM.