Long weekend Vacation ideas

thorne

J wing of Chase building with the commonfolk.

The ghetto of chase huh .

I only have Fri/Sat/Sun/mon because of the wifes dialsys so gatlinburg is a bit out of the question. I was more hoping for a good bed and breakfast or something along those lines.

The ghetto of chase huh .

I only have Fri/Sat/Sun/mon because of the wifes dialsys so gatlinburg is a bit out of the question. I was more hoping for a good bed and breakfast or something along those lines.

Check out the Wilds. They have rooms available and it is an AWESOME time. They are also only about an hour from Wheeling Island so you can gamble a bit.

-Marc

Chicago is close, NYC and Phillie are an option....stay and park in NJ if you want to cut costs and take the train in and out of the city.

New Buffalo MI is a vacation spot for people who live in CHI. its a beach/lake town on lake MI with everything you would expect. beaches, kayak/bike rental,sand dunes, ice cream shop with a delorian(see below) but there is a park and ride that allows you to take a train directly into CHI.

get a cabin in new buffalo and designate a full day to spend in CHI and spend the rest of your time relaxing. If you really want to live it up stop off for a few hours in Gary IN

http://g.co/maps/qee9n

http://sphotos.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-snc7/39219_10100233312626545_12435366_58125640_5379476_n.jpg

This thread has pretty much summed up my vacations for the last few years.

Gatlinburg, good place to go and rent a cabin in the mountains, VERY touristy. 6 hour drive

Niagra Falls, super cool place to go, but 3 days and you might run out of things to do, stop in buffalo NY and get wings! 6 hour drive

Chicago, super expensive and not relaxing. 6 hour drive

We've been wondering the same thing but want somewhere that'll accept pets, too.

Some of the cabins in Gatlinburg allow pets.

It is a really touristy area in town, which I normally hate, but I like how you can be in the Smokies in minutes if you want to get out of town but if you want to party you can head into town. Add in a Cabin and you're all set.

We go down there a lot. I usually get something from this site. They have some really nice ones, but you can get some decent smaller cabins for cheaper through other places if these are out of your budget. I typically spend a litle more for a really nice one just in case the weather sucks and keeps us inside. We stock up on beer and meat to grill at the Kroger on Wears Valley on the way to the cabin and we're good to go. It's also nice that you can drive into town and park-and-ride on the trams for cheap if you don't feel like driving.

http://www.majesticmountainvacations.com/

Let me add this, My wife suffers from kidney failure and lymphodema so the least amount of time in the car is better for her comfort.

I like the idea of the wilds, We are both animal heads.

Some of the cabins in Gatlinburg allow pets.

It is a really touristy area in town, which I normally hate, but I like how you can be in the Smokies in minutes if you want to get out of town but if you want to party you can head into town. Add in a Cabin and you're all set.

We go down there a lot. I usually get something from this site. They have some really nice ones, but you can get some decent smaller cabins for cheaper through other places if these are out of your budget. I typically spend a litle more for a really nice one just in case the weather sucks and keeps us inside. We stock up on beer and meat to grill at the Kroger on Wears Valley on the way to the cabin and we're good to go. It's also nice that you can drive into town and park-and-ride on the trams for cheap if you don't feel like driving.

http://www.majesticmountainvacations.com/

Thanks. Will keep it in mind for sure.