1000 yard steel plate killer!

EVILGTP98

http://www.thundervalleyprecision.com

Took the SASS out Saturday to thunder valley, info above, shot their head hunter competition. Got there early to get some rifle dope, did a rough guess of 600 yard dope, fired at a clay lying on the berm, adjusted 1/2 min for wind and cracked the sucker dead center. Used a ballistic app to get rough dopes for competition.

Head Hunter

Consist of 4 different positions, 5 shots per station, 5 different 9" x 11" steel "heads" set at varying ranges, some in cover, some not. Hit 4 out of 20, not to bad considering it was my first real venture into anything over 200 yards.

After competition ended got to lay down on the benches shooting at 1000 yard steel plate, put 40.5 moa in the optic and rang steel 6 out of 10 shots after some minor weapon issues.

Great groupl of guys and gals out there, alot of help and alot of great shooters. Got to BS with the guy who runs it, Tom, holds the current world record for 1000 yard group, shot with a 300 hulk, dont know much bout it but guys knows his shit. builds custom long distance guns and hell of a nice guy. Will be inquiring soon about my suppressor through them. Check out the website guys, hell of a cool place.

My guess is gas system issues, with a combination of just quickly getting a dope and not working on the groups. Played with the gas adjustment knob then shot from 200 yds out to 1000 with no problems.

Using my own custom loads, winchester brass, win primers, IMR 4895 powder at 42.8 grains, and a 168 grain A max bullet

Have had some really good results with the combination

They do have newbie shoots, last one got cancelled but he does run classes for just about everything long range related. I would definatly like to take the class, learn to read the wind, get more knowledge on reloading, just the entire long range game in general. As far as the prices I forgot to ask but guy I shoot with is good friends with Tom and I will get some info from he and see what kinda prices were talking.