Cyclist haters come on in.

Sturg1647545502

Though you guys might like this

So my Dad moved out to Salt Lake City 2 years ago for a job. SLC is a HUGE cycling city, like #2 in the US and he's been a serious rider his entire life ;this place is his Mecca. He was out for a ride this past weekend...

"When I rode past this cyclist he was talking to the cop on the Provo River bike path. Apparently he was speeding (as was I) and a few minutes later the situation got out of control, he got tased, hand cuffed and put in the police car.

Enjoy Your Next Ride"

http://i277.photobucket.com/albums/kk57/snowdoc83/donttazemebruh.jpg

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am assuming MOTORCYCLES since that looks like a bike cop???

I picture "cyclists" as being those annoying fucks on bicycles that think they have a right to impede my speed.

KillJoy

negative. cyclists as the "annoying fucks on bicycles that" have a right to be on the road just as you do.

I didn't put this in the kitchen for a reason. I'm all too familiar with the majority feeling of this forums towards cyclist...that doesn't need to be rehashed.

just though the haters would get a kick out of this... it's just a WTF kind of situation. :lol:

Oh. Not trying to start a war, I just think that's a dumb law.. unless the speed limit is 15mph. So can they ride in the middle of the lane on the freeway?

yup, its just one of those things that takes a little understanding and common sense on both parties. i don't ride down the middle of hilliard rome road and most motorists don't have a problem passing us when riding with friends on much less populated country roads.

Hate cyclist, act like they own the road and IMO should be confined to the side walks.

P.S. When they act all smug and try and "own the lane" I illegally pass as close as I can to send them a message. Usually I am greeted with a barrage of expletives. Fucking Fishinger Rd. Bridge in the middle of Rushour is not the time or the place for there bullshit, get on the sidewalk.

Edited by acklac7

I respect cyclists on the road, but they must keep right and obey all traffic laws. A few weeks ago I had a cyclist run a 4 way stop as I was making the turn. I almost hit him and he gave me a dirty look, so I past really close and honked at him. OBEY THE FUCKING RULES OF THE ROAD! You do not get special privileges if you are on a bike.

The flip side is once I had to ride in the street because the bike path along side had a dead deer across it. People would pull up as close as they could and honk before passing, and this was on a 4 lane road with no traffic. Not like they didn't have plenty of room to go around, and its not like I had a choice.

Edited by Mallard
fucking autocorrect

Hate cyclist, ac like the own the road and IMO should be confined to the side walks.

P.S. When they act all smug and try and "own the lane" I illegally pass as close as I can to send them a message. Usually I am greeted with a barrage of expletives. Fucking Fishinger Rd. Bridge in the middle of Rushour is not the time or the place for there bullshit, get on the sidewalk.

Ill "take a lane" when the right 1/2 of the road is beat to fuck with pot hole after pot hole that makes is unrideable (parts of roberts rd) and motorists will try to squeeze between me and on coming traffic...so i take the lane and prevent that from happening.

I do it purely as a safety reason for ALL parties involved and its for 100 yds or less.:) As long as ive been riding i dont pay attention to passing motorists.

ouch. words hurt

Seriously tho, why dont you guys just get on a sidewalk when it's rush hour and you know you're creating a dangerous situation? I mean if there's no sidewalk then fine, but man does it piss me off when cyclist are creating a dangerous situation in the middle of rush-hour and refuse to use a sidewalk.

Seriously tho, why dont you guys just get on a sidewalk when it's rush hour and you know you're creating a dangerous situation? I mean if there's no sidewalk then fine, but man does it piss me off when cyclist are creating a dangerous situation in the middle of rush-hour and refuse to use a sidewalk.

i think sidewalks are for pedestrians only. Most guys want to ride out of the city towards the country to find the hills and avoid the traffic.

I respect cyclists on the road, but they must keep right and obey all traffic laws. A few weeks ago I had a cyclist run a 4 way stop as I was making the turn. I almost hit hand he gave me a dirty look so I past him really closely and honed at him. OBEY THE FUCKING RULES OF THE ROAD! You do not get special privileges if you are on a bike.

The flip side is once I had to ride in the street because the bike path along side had a dead deer across it. People would pull up as close as they could and honk before passing, and this was on a 4 lane road with no traffic. Not like they didn't have plenty of room to go around, and its not like I had a choice.

-------------------------------------------------

2010 Chevy Equinox - Family-mobile

2012 Chevy Volt - Wife-mobile

2007 Saturn Sky - GONE

-------------------------------------------------

Anyways, Bicyclist give me a target to chuck my half drank gas station slushy at when its 90 degrees out.

• Upvote 1

Oh. Not trying to start a war, I just think that's a dumb law.. unless the speed limit is 15mph. So can they ride in the middle of the lane on the freeway?

Thats just it, its the speed limit not the minimum speed. unless posted you can drive as slow as you like legally. Only Highways/Freeways have min speeds and bikes are not allowed on them anyway.

I wish it was Evan, but I can't get everything I want.

Cyclists just need to understand that they are putting themselves in a dangerous situation when they ride retardedly or on really busy roads. That being said, this picture does amuse me, but I would like more of a story with it.

Some of you are big piles of shit

I can only hope that one of the bikes you pass close to on purpose lean out so you hit them. Then when you post a thread about how mad you are that you are getting sued for every thing you have I can yet again tell you how big of a piece of shit you are.

• Confused 1
  • Upvote 2