Cyclist haters come on in.

Sturg1647545502

I live out in Lewis Center area and I have to say there are a good deal of cyclist in the area during the summer months. I for one do not take my bike on the main roads for fear of getting hit. These roads are not that wide at all, and now that part of Old State is closed the traffic is getting worse. There are some that know how to keep safe and away, but there are others that pile up 10-15 cars behind them because they don't know what they are doing. Due to the sport park at the School traffic can really get heavy before or after a game. I really wish they would just pave between the tracks out here and let them have free run on a long path like they have in old Hilliard.

but but but those are "country roads", remember?

Not!. i grew up in that area and its a terrible place to ride.

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I literally go out of my way to toss something at bicyclist everytime they are taking up space on the road. Either it be a sandwich i'm eating or a drink i'm slurping down. I'm getting very good with my aim as well. That and I carry around an air horn that I blow right at them when I slow down next to them. Its ridiculously funny watching them flail around trying to keep the bike upright just before they lay it down into a ditch,field,woods, etc...

For your sake I hope you're joking.

Guess there's only one way to find out.

:fuckyeah:

but but but those are "country roads", remember?

Not!. i grew up in that area and its a terrible place to ride.

Country roads that lead to a HUGE School campus and the new Kroger that is now flooded with traffic. Also did I say 45-55MPH speeds too? :lolguy:

There are a lot of things that costs tax payers' money, yet we aren't all entitled to... so what's your point?

lol and the sidewalks built by sidewalk fairies so they must be free.

Perhaps you should think about it a little more. If either of you think that bringing up sidewalks and how they are free is even anything close to being the same thing, or some kind of counter point then...

http://i0.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/newsfeed/000/201/508/221435NothingtodoHereGifMadethiscuzIwas2479d82822723.gif?1321553488

Stop riding three wide and doing things that cars are not allowed to do (i.e., running lights, cutting through intersections using sidewalks for 3 seconds, etc...), douche bags.

(A) Every person operating a bicycle upon a roadway shall ride as near to the right side of the roadway as practicable obeying all traffic rules applicable to vehicles and exercising due care when passing a standing vehicle or one proceeding in the same direction.

(B) Persons riding bicycles or motorcycles upon a roadway shall ride not more than two abreast in a single lane, except on paths or parts of roadways set aside for the exclusive use of bicycles or motorcycles.

Stop arguing that you can't ride on the sidewalks, idiots. Hell, dipshit Evan even bolded the part about sidewalks in his rant AND claimed that you cannot ride on them. Self ownage is always amusing.

(A) No person shall drive any vehicle, other than a bicycle, upon a sidewalk or sidewalk area except upon a permanent or duly authorized temporary driveway.

Stop fucking with traffic, faggots.

(A) No person shall stop or operate a vehicle, trackless trolley, or street car at such an unreasonably slow speed as to impede or block the normal and reasonable movement of traffic, except when stopping or reduced speed is necessary for safe operation or to comply with law.

Stop riding three wide and doing things that cars are not allowed to do (i.e., running lights, cutting through intersections using sidewalks for 3 seconds, etc...), douche bags.

Stop arguing that you can't ride on the sidewalks, idiots. Hell, dipshit Evan even bolded the part about sidewalks in his rant AND claimed that you cannot ride on them. Self ownage is always amusing.

Stop fucking with traffic, faggots.

/OWNED

3. Teach your daughter to ride on the sidewalk,

Even in our subdivision it's a HUGE pet-peeve of mine when people walk, push a stroller or allow their kids to act is if they own the street. I love the debate about safety when this shit comes up. USE THE FUCKING SIDEWALK! That's way they are for :fuuuu: Sure my 9yr wants to do like his friends and ride in the road but he listens to our rules for his own safety.

Funny how all those that argued and pissed on me at our neighborhood meetings over the years stopped cold as of about 2 months ago when a 10yr old boy was hurt as he plowed into a car driving in the road.

He's fine, could have died though, but the OLD LADY in her Corolla coming around the culdesac stopped her car as he blindly jumped off the curb and right into her car. DUMB FUCK Kid and dumb ass parents who exposed him to death by saying it's okay to ride in the street. He easily could have been killed.

Hey, I am adult with decent skills on a bike, but I consider it rolling the dice to put my ass at 15-20mph usually far less, on a secondary road with cars and trucks going 40-50mph. No thanks. I'd sooner tease a hood-rat pit bull through a screen door. But hey, this is America where just because I can > common sense.

Think about this too, the next time a bike and car collide, it's not immediately the cars fault and the driver also has to live with the results. It's not all about Johnny dodging pot holes as he chooses willingly not to use a dedicate bike path for his sport of choice. Use some sense and consider reducing the exposure you as a bike rider put on so many drivers of actual vehicles to these consequences the next time you slide on your bicycle shorts.

Even in our subdivision it's a HUGE pet-peeve of mine when people walk, push a stroller or allow their kids to act is if they own the street. I love the debate about safety when this shit comes up. USE THE FUCKING SIDEWALK! That's way they are for :fuuuu: Sure my 9yr wants to do like his friends and ride in the road but he listens to our rules for his own safety.

Funny how all those that argued and pissed on me at our neighborhood meetings over the years stopped cold as of about 2 months ago when a 10yr old boy was hurt as he plowed into a car driving in the road.

He's fine, could have died though, but the OLD LADY in her Corolla coming around the culdesac stopped her car as he blindly jumped off the curb and right into her car. DUMB FUCK Kid and dumb ass parents who exposed him to death by saying it's okay to ride in the street. He easily could have been killed.

Hey, I am adult with decent skills on a bike, but I consider it rolling the dice to put my ass at 15-20mph usually far less, on a secondary road with cars and trucks going 40-50mph. No thanks. I'd sooner tease a hood-rat pit bull through a screen door. But hey, this is America where just because I can > common sense.

Think about this too, the next time a bike and car collide, it's not immediately the cars fault and the driver also has to live with the results. It's not all about Johnny dodging pot holes as he chooses willingly not to use a dedicate bike path for his sport of choice. Use some sense and consider reducing the exposure you as a bike rider put on so many drivers of actual vehicles to these consequences the next time you slide on your bicycle shorts.

STOP USING LOGIC! I'mma ride my bike where I want and you have to deal with the consequences. Even after I get hit by a car and cited, I am still going to espouse the "benefits" of riding a bike on the street. Logic be damned.

STOP USING LOGIC! I'mma ride my bike where I want and you have to deal with the consequences. Even after I get hit by a car and cited, I am still going to espouse the "benefits" of riding a bike on the street. Logic be damned.

ITS MY GOD GIVEN RIGHT TO RIDE MY BIKE ON THESE STREETS ASSHOLE!

ITS MY GOD GIVEN RIGHT TO RIDE MY BIKE ON THESE STREETS ASSHOLE!

GOD BLESS 'MERICA, LAND OF RIDING FREEDOM! If you don't like it, you can get out!

BRB RIDDING MUH BICYCLE W/ HEADPHONES IN, CANT HEAR YOU LOL.

IMMA RACE FOR THE CURE, HOPEFULLY THAT CURE IS FOR MY DIABEETUS.

http://dane101.com/files/medium_fat%20cyclist.jpg

IMMA RACE FOR THE CURE, HOPEFULLY THAT CURE IS FOR MY DIABEETUS.

http://dane101.com/files/medium_fat%20cyclist.jpg

is that a walking balloon?

Nope just a cyclist.

What gets me is the attitude like Evan's post where he talked about "near empty" roads. Sorry, those roads are nothing more than rural suburban these days. Nowhere close to being "near empty". So then all these yuppie and city cyclists think they are in the middle of nowhere and get the attitude of "well fuck you buddy, I already went out of my way to come out here!!!".

All the roads are 45-55 mph and the cyclists constantly ride 3 wide in huge packs. I know how congested the roads are out in that area as I grew up there and have family members on the Harlem Twp Board of Trustees. Traffic congestion is probably one of the hottest topics in the twp. So much so that they are spending millions to ease the congestion. But nope, the cyclists think the roads are "near empty"

What gets me is the attitude like Evan's post where he talked about "near empty" roads. Sorry, those roads are nothing more than rural suburban these days. Nowhere close to being "near empty". So then all these yuppie and city cyclists think they are in the middle of nowhere and get the attitude of "well fuck you buddy, I already went out of my way to come out here!!!".

All the roads are 45-55 mph and the cyclists constantly ride 3 wide in huge packs. I know how congested the roads are out in that area as I grew up there and have family members on the Harlem Twp Board of Trustees. Traffic congestion is probably one of the hottest topics in the twp. So much so that they are spending millions to ease the congestion. But nope, the cyclists think the roads are "near empty"

+1

If they think any of that area east of Hoover reservoir/Sunbury Rd is quiet they will get a rude awakening on one of those blind turns.

they ride redbank because it has big climbs.

and lots of blind driveways of rich old people that are gonna run them down. I know this because my grandpa has had a bicycle run into him while he was sitting at the end of his driveway at Redbank just south of the bridge

and lots of blind driveways of rich old people that are gonna run them down. I know this because my grandpa has had a bicycle run into him while he was sitting at the end of his driveway at Redbank just south of the bridge

After Gorsuch turns into Red Bank, it gets really dangerous. The series of hills out that way often make it impossible to see the idiot cyclists. It's ok though, I obviously never drive that way and will never run into any issue with some cyclist going 12 mph at the bottom of a small hill as I crest it doing 50 mph.