Mechanic looking for work

SlowC6

I have a friend who worked for midas for about a year. He quit because the new manager started cutting back hours and he pays alot in child support.

Im asking if anyone knows of any openings at like NTB, Firestone etc.

He has his own tools and he is a good tech he has done a radiator, tie rods , breaks, starter, waterpump, injectors and probably a few more things im forgetting over the years on my work truck and my beater. He is just looking for between 40 and 50 hours a week.

The one issue with this is his record shows two felony indictments, they are just indictments and not convictions and the cases are completly closed. He was convicted of misdemeanors on both things, but he is having problems getting on at a shop even with his skill.

If anyone knows of anything please respond to this thread or pm me if you would like.

My advice would be to stop telling strangers your friends criminal record while trying to find him a job.

he is just giving full disclosure. it would be a waste of time for his friend to go to an interview just to find out they did a background check and he wasted his time. if someone makes a recommendation to a company and lets them know of the record first, it doesnt make the person look like an ass and time is not wasted.

either way, good luck to your friend.

My advice would be to stop telling strangers your friends criminal record while trying to find him a job.

Its called being honest, people can make mistakes in there life and still be good hard workers and honest people. He tells the truth when asked.

thanks for your constructive criticism, you sound like a guy who has never made a mistake so good for you:thumbup:

• 3 weeks later...