GT86 (BRZ/FR-S) vs MX5, 120, Scirocco handling tests

Draco-REX

The new Miata should be pretty good if all the rumors are true. Supposedly they're trimming the fat again and tightening up the suspension. They also unveiled a 240hp concept the other day.

I think we're begining to see a move to some better handling, lighter and more "driver" oriented cards. Should put the fun back in it all again. The last thing we need is another 4,500lb boat with mega horsepower.

Impressive, will be interesting in the next couple years as this car gets it's normal tweaks(hopefully for the better as I am of the opinion never to buy a 1st year car) and the new Miata coming out. Hopefully they make it so ogres can fit in it.

Draco, your a tall guy, you fit pretty comfortably in the new ride??

Impressive, will be interesting in the next couple years as this car gets it's normal tweaks(hopefully for the better as I am of the opinion never to buy a 1st year car) and the new Miata coming out. Hopefully they make it so ogres can fit in it.

Draco, your a tall guy, you fit pretty comfortably in the new ride??

Oh yeah, I haven't tried a helmet yet, but I'm sure I'll fit. There's tons of legroom. I had someone who was 6'2" and a 36" inseam sit in the car comfortably.

Oh yeah, I haven't tried a helmet yet, but I'm sure I'll fit. There's tons of legroom. I had someone who was 6'2" and a 36" inseam sit in the car comfortably.

Gotcha, I am more concerned with head room, I'm a "Torso" guy. 6' 3" but only a 31" inseam, all torso for me. I had to have my Butler aluminum seat custom made as my shoulders were 3" too high for the shoulder belt holes on their tallest seat!! It's a saving grace from time to time, it allowed me to drive an S2000 when friends of the same height couldn't because of their longer legs, but it's not always nice to be tall.

Cool vid. 2nd half was more interesting to watch for me.

As far as fit goes, I'm not doubting Ill fit and Im not a small guy by any means. Ive never been able to comfortably fit or safely drive a miata, yet I've fit into every gen of MR2 or any other small toyoter with zero problems. Now, getting me to fit in the back seats would probably involve clothing removal and possibly some butter...

Edited by ImUrOBGYN