1973 Datsun Z ?s

Cordell

So an old friend of mine recently bought an old Z-car, and since he's not on CR I said that I'd ask for the low down on these cars. So who has any experience with them? Any knowlegable shops in town? Good places to check out for parts?

The car itself is in really nice shape, most of it is original and he brought it back from Texas so it has zero rust. Doesn't run great, he had plugs, wires, cap and rotor replaced but it has a couple weak cylinders judging by the plugs and misfire. Seeing as how I've never messed with one of these and don't really know much about them we'd feel better finding someone with first hand experience.

Doesn't run great, he had plugs, wires, cap and rotor replaced but it has a couple weak cylinders judging by the plugs and misfire. Seeing as how I've never messed with one of these and don't really know much about them we'd feel better finding someone with first hand experience.

Hey Scott,

Check the oil in the dampers on the carbs as well - nothing like a japanese copy of a goofy british design!

(yea, when I first went road racing it was in 240's - PM me if I can help)