Pick your wheel

Das Borgen

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

you do know that wheels help the car go faster and stop better with lighter wheels right wags?

Yes sir, that is why I am going with some lighter ones myself :)

What I am talking about are "fashion wheels" that are for looks. I am not a fan because they will look dated quick, but that is just my way of looking at it.

I am a fan of cross breeding wheels to different cars when the look is right.

I like fashion wheels as long as they are quality... and not knockoff junk.

I can agree with this thought and wish more people used this logic.

what about structurally better? (IE - tougher to break/bend)

That kind of falls within the same idea, like replacing stock suspension stuff or crap rubber mounts.

My taste in cars and mods is clean and done right. Look at cars that were done up all F&F style, that trend died and now your car looks like a school bus fire. Now a well built import that is done right won't go out of style.

to me, this is done right (minus any stickers it may have on it). most might say its rice because of the aero, wheels, etc... but i don't care. it fits my style. Hits all my hot buttons.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v202/s15driftking/koopa-1.png

to me, this is done right (minus any stickers it may have on it). most might say its rice because of the aero, wheels, etc... but i don't care. it fits my style. Hits all my hot buttons.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v202/s15driftking/koopa-1.png

See that is not bad, a bit low for my tastes, but done right. No crazy ass colors, horrific grahpics, aero kit is done right, I can dig it.

I'm much simpler than that...

Any car that looks cleanly modded, very few mods, almost appearing stock with a nice down and out fitment makes me dickhard. Great fitment on quality wheels makes or breaks a car's appearance. Get that sunken shit outta here.

http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a189/bsaudia4/photobucket-4795-1328416418004.jpg

http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a189/bsaudia4/photobucket-4727-1328416417090.jpg

See, when I see a wheel/tire combo with the lip completely exposed it just screams "Oops! I bought rims that were too wide and now I have to make them fit." to me. Same goes when the wheel is poking well outside the fender.

Ultimately, it just looks like a half-assed job to me.

The red car above looks good, though it also looks like it'd suck to drive. I can't tell how much the rear tires are stretched, but hopefully not much. The R32 and the Porsche on the other hand don't look good. The width and stretch of the R32's wheels make them look like the owner just bought the cheapest set of rims that looked good off craigslist and didn't bother with fitment. The Porsche looks silly because that's a good 2 inches+ of rubber that could be put down PER CORNER for more grip. It looks like he's too cheap to buy the right tires.

I know it's for looks and some people like that look. I'm just saying what it looks like to me.

See, when I see a wheel/tire combo with the lip completely exposed it just screams "Oops! I bought rims that were too wide and now I have to make them fit." to me. Same goes when the wheel is poking well outside the fender.

Ultimately, it just looks like a half-assed job to me.

The red car above looks good, though it also looks like it'd suck to drive. I can't tell how much the rear tires are stretched, but hopefully not much. The R32 and the Porsche on the other hand don't look good. The width and stretch of the R32's wheels make them look like the owner just bought the cheapest set of rims that looked good off craigslist and didn't bother with fitment. The Porsche looks silly because that's a good 2 inches+ of rubber that could be put down PER CORNER for more grip. It looks like he's too cheap to buy the right tires.

I know it's for looks and some people like that look. I'm just saying what it looks like to me.

100% agree.