Hvac people?

TurboNova

Hey wondering if anyone is an hvac guy on here or knows one. I'm going to clean the condenser coils on my unit and want someone to comd out and check the charge and top it off. And maybe if needed clean the evaporator coils

If you were closer I would he glad to come help you. We stay more towards the northwest side of cbus with some exceptions but that's a little too far. If you would like, I can get the name of the company that someone I know out that way uses.

I'm in Gahanna and need someone to do the same and top off the stuff in the a/c. Send me a PM if you're interested.

I'd call Garrett at Air quest or what not but the last time i called him it took almost a month to have him return my call. I ended up fixing the issue myself.

I'd also like a quote on a new A/C system altogether as mine was made in '84 and it basically sucks. :).

Not to threadjack, but it is possible to service the fan in my mom's unit? Its seized up, and I was able to get it going again a few weeks ago, but it seized up again and I think the fan needs replaced. The charge is almost certainly low too, but I'll tackle that another time.

Not to threadjack, but it is possible to service the fan in my mom's unit? Its seized up, and I was able to get it going again a few weeks ago, but it seized up again and I think the fan needs replaced. The charge is almost certainly low too, but I'll tackle that another time.

First verify it is indeed the fan motor that went bad and not the capacitor,relay or board that's at fault. But yes, servicing the fan motor is IMO relatively easy: make sure there is no power going to the AC, take the side cover off the unit, disconnect the wiring and slide the fan cage out. Then just undo a couple bolts and the motor should slide right out. I've done a few of them and the biggest issue I have run into is sometimes the nut on the squirrel cage seizes up and won't release the end shaft of the motor. Other then that they are usually cake, finding a replacement motor on the other hand can be problematic unless you have an account somewhere (Grainger etc).