WTB: 4L60E

gillbot

I may be needing one soon but I'm hopeful it's just a tuning issue. Now that my Camaro is my daily, it's constantly losing 3rd, 4th and throwing a P0757. Running on the highway in 2nd is starting to suck.

I'd like to either get a good one and toss it in, or get a good core so I can have it rebuilt and ready if I need it. I believe I can use an Fbody or 2wd truck one. I don't need the torque arm tail anymore since I have the BMR relocation crossmember anyway.

I'm open to offers, if I get a good deal on a built one I'll do that otherwise I'll take a cheap core and get it built.

I was just looking at the Rossler website last night at their street/strip since they are local to me anyway.

No temp gauge unfortunately, but it's throwing the code after cruising on the highway with the converter locked and that has me concerned. I'm putting on around 130 miles a day on it now with 90% of it being highway cruising with the converter locked. It's never thrown a code before. I even drove it to National Trail for drag day and back (well over over 300 miles) without a single issue.

It seems to be random as I'll drive it for a day or so without an issue, then BAM it'll throw the code. Sometimes it'll throw it on a ramp or something with the speed low then just refuse to shift into 3rd/4th as you accelerate. Other times I'll be rolling along with cruise on and the RPM will skyrocket when it forces it self out of 3rd/4th and lockup.

The first time it happened I stopped and restarted the car but it still wouldn't go into 3rd/4th or lock up. If you let the car sit for a few minutes and fire it back up it will still have the SES light but it will shift into 3rd/4th and lockup. That's why I think it may be an actual trans issue instead of the converter but I really don't know.

To answer the PM's I keep getting:

I already deleted the P0757 code. Talked to my trans guy and his concern is the fact that it'll pop the code when locked and cruising along. He says that's a bad sign, usually if it's a converter or tune issue it'll pop the code while accelerating before it locks.

How much do you want to spend? I have a Rossler terminator 3 with a transbrake. Im about to demod my car.

Let me know if you are going to be getting rid of your giggle juice stuff...

Gill, I still have to pull the trans out of my car but it might not be much better. If you are still looking then we can try to work something out.

I'll even take one that's non-working assuming it can be used as a core. My father-in-law is a rebuilder and if he can do a stock rebuild for me i'll toss it in for the short term.

FWIW though, I think my trans is ok. I just want a core for when this one decides to let go. I already have a spare 10 bolt, the next weak link is the trans.