Pulling a pickup truck bed?

zeitgeist57

I know I can always resort to asking a few guys to help, but I'd like to see if I can do this on my own as well...

I have a HF engine puller, and I've seen steel "H"frames with adjustable arms that go under the bed sides of a pickup, used in combination with a hoist to pull the bed off of a pickup truck. Does anyone have something like that I could borrow?

I'd like to make a front bed panel replacement, and undercoat the bottom of the bed while getting it ready for new paint on exterior panels as well. Thanks!

I don't remember seeing any tie down points in your bed. When we did tundra and Tacoma truck frames, sometimes we used chain. Made an "x" in the bed and attached the chain with "d rings" to the bed.

B it it's easier to just have people come over and lift it. So you don't risk dropping it.

Or the hill billy way.. Find a tree, use 4 ratchet straps. Lift it up and drive out from under it.

I don't remember seeing any tie down points in your bed. When we did tundra and Tacoma truck frames, sometimes we used chain. Made an "x" in the bed and attached the chain with "d rings" to the bed.

B it it's easier to just have people come over and lift it. So you don't risk dropping it.

Or the hill billy way.. Find a tree, use 4 ratchet straps. Lift it up and drive out from under it.

The hillbilly method sounds like a good idea