Cheap bedliner for Pickup Trucks?

zeitgeist57

I was talking to Rocky at HD on Saturday, and he recommended a roll-on bedliner over the spray-on types. However, I realized aside from Duplicolor I don't know of many DIY bedliner kits! Please share your experiences here. Also open to home-grown recipes for bed coating.

I'm actually NOT looking for a sticky surface, as I use the bed for mostly yard waste and like to quickly broom it out (though, I guess I can always lay a tarp down first). Really looking to beautify(?) and protect from rust...

I think you misunderstood. I said do NOT do a roll in bed liner. Haha. They are junk.

If you use the bed for hauling stuff, I suggest getting a Linex spray in liner put in. You'll never have to worry about it again.

Plastic ones are ok, but will probably cause the bed to rust over time.

I think you misunderstood. I said do NOT do a roll in bed liner. Haha. They are junk.

If you use the bed for hauling stuff, I suggest getting a Linex spray in liner put in. You'll never have to worry about it again.

Have never had any problems with my plastic ones. Both my B2200 and my S10 have drop-in liners.

Id vote drop in for the slick-ness of them.

Just make sure to clean UNDER it now and then. My boss had an old Dakota I detailed for him with a drop in. Probably had half a load of mulch under the damned thing.... still wasnt any rust though.

Had some good friends use the Duplicolor one in his truck, and the other the Hurculiner from Walmart on his jeep. Both sucked and came off pretty easily.

Oh and after seeing the Mythbusters special on using Linex, I wouldn't even consider anything else.

Have never had any problems with my plastic ones. Both my B2200 and my S10 have drop-in liners.

While I didnt have a problem with my plastic bedliner in my ram, paint still looked like new. I have done 10-12 truck frame replacements on toyota's. And when pulling the plastic liner out, the bed was almost as rotted as the frames..

I have seen numerous 04 model F150 beds also rot due to plastic bedliners.

I think as long as you have drainage holes you should be fine.. I think toyota's normally got plugged with dirt and mulch.. So the water just sat under it..

Hurculiner from Walmart on his jeep. Both sucked and came off pretty easily.

I used the herculiner roll on shit on my ram. It looked like shit, and it peeled right off. I sanded my bed and prepped properly, did 3 coats..

I think your best bet (and will probably help value if you sell it) will be to just get it sprayed by lineX...

line x aggred. worked at line-x for 2 years. shit stops bullets. it tough.

The shitty plastic ones viberate and will rub holes in the bed over time. Also if you ever use the truck like I use mine, stone gets caught in the floor grooves. A #57 limestone will fit right in the grooves.

You a linex or rhinoliner spray in.