*Update* On my R6...

FocusDave01

Well not good, we tore her down changed oil, checked air filter cleaned underneeth cant find where it did those few leak spots. hasnt leaked since then we took it on a test run about 5-10 miles and 14k rpm and up spewed out thick white and lil blue tint smoke and i mean so bad i could see it clear as day in the rearview mirror. my buddy was following behind me and said it wasnt good. Got her back let her sit bout 30 min check the oil and there was nothing on the dipstick. so i pbrought her home parked her in the back of the garage and i guess im done for the season casue on the quotes ive gotten from different places and from what people are telling me, piston rings, head gasket vavles who knows is gonna cost way more than i have. ive put every last dollar ive had in this bike from down payment to oil, and other parts, so ill still hang around the forums but wont be able to go ridin with any of yall. seems all the local "trustworthy dealerships" are too busy anyway and said with my problems there is no way they can fit me in this season even if i had the $$...

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well not good, we tore her down changed oil, checked air filter cleaned underneeth cant find where it did those few leak spots. hasnt leaked since then we took it on a test run about 5-10 miles and 14k rpm and up spewed out thick white and lil blue tint smoke and i mean so bad i could see it clear as day in the rearview mirror. my buddy was following behind me and said it wasnt good. Got her back let her sit bout 30 min check the oil and there was nothing on the dipstick. so i pbrought her home parked her in the back of the garage and i guess im done for the season casue on the quotes ive gotten from different places and from what people are telling me, piston rings, head gasket vavles who knows is gonna cost way more than i have. ive put every last dollar ive had in this bike from down payment to oil, and other parts, so ill still hang around the forums but wont be able to go ridin with any of yall. seems all the local "trustworthy dealerships" are too busy anyway and said with my problems there is no way they can fit me in this season even if i had the $$...

:(

I feel so bad for you man...I mean..U finally step up and buy a nice 06 bike and expect to have zero problems with it, and this happends... :rolleyes:

I'm sorry man...... I wish I could help you some how.... Id be STEEEEEMING right now if this happend to me....That dealership SUCKS BALLS!

Just a thought here. I don't know anything about R6's, but I do know that people total bikes all the time. Maybe you could see if someone has a badly f'd up bike that you can get the parts you need from? There's gotta be a way to get things running again without spending an arm and a leg.

there are plenty of reputable shops in cincinnati.

I used to recommend holeshot motorsports because there was a Yamaha certified mechanic working there, but I think they went out of business.

I also know a guy that is a mechanic for kings dodge and has a 06 too. maybe he or I could help you out also.

thanks alot guys for all the input and offers to help me out, so far i talked to rueben at 35motorsports and he does have an 06 engine with 900 miles on it wants 1500 for it and 350 to swap my motor and instal that one not bad price. but its gonna be really hard to come up with that kinda loot..but he was the first to call he sounds like a great guy and knows his stuff..and by you all recomending him thats a bonus..if i cant find something local and cheaper then i guess rueben will be my go to guy. just wish he wasnt 2.5 hours away..

damn dude.... and there's nothing in the laws that can help ya.... I'd be driving that POS back where it came from and launch it thru the showroom window.... 'course I'd probably get arrested for it too....

Honestly....i'd get in my full leathers and fall off the bike at about 40mph and let it ghostride into some woods and claim it as a wreck. NEW BIKE! ;)

Seriously it sounds crazy, but I would do it if it was me. I've done worse.

Or have someone "steal" it.... report it , collect the insurance money and buy a new bike..... just make sure the bike ends up in a ditch/ forest somewhere wrecked beyond comprehension....

I knew there was something I liked about you Moose. :cool:

My father was going to do that for me once when I was 20, but we ended up not having too. :lol:

I'd rather wreck it though because you can't get in trouble for that. :lol:

I grew up in Detroit... I can be all kinds of devious when I need to be....:cool:

Do you have a definate diagnosis of what is wrong with it?

well not by a dealer no, but we did what rueben suggested took the lowers off cleaned and looked for leaks changed oil and filter check all bolts and everyting we could visualy see checked air filter and plugs the air filter wasnt really dirty but if you rubbed ur fingers acrossed it unless they have a coating on them felt oily, plugs looked like plugs at 7k miles, then we bolted back up and he followed me and had me take it to 13-14k on a stretch of road i didnt even need him i looked in my rearview mirror and it looked like i created a nice thick fog of white/blueish tint smoke. and i mean thick very very bad. again only at 12k rpms and higher so we switched i hopped on his bike and sure enough nothing but smoke. got her back on lvl ground at the house checked oil after letting her sit for bout 30 min and dipstick read bone dry. and the smoke smelled like burnt oil for sure. so we came to conclusion either piston rings fried or valve problems.

and rusty thanks man for the advice it just opens more options for me.

Honestly....i'd get in my full leathers and fall off the bike at about 40mph and let it ghostride into some woods and claim it as a wreck. NEW BIKE! ;)

Seriously it sounds crazy, but I would do it if it was me. I've done worse.

Well if we ever go riding together give me a heads up if you're looking to get a new bike. The last things I want to do is run over you!!! :D

if i had full coverage might be able to get away with that but i have a lien on it and min coverage casue the bank im goin thru says since the bike is 3 years old dont need full coverage hell they didnt even ask for proof of insurance but i got it anyway

You can get full coverage added whenever you want.