Keyed Lug socket FUUUUU!!!!!! EDIT: FOUND! :)

zeitgeist57

I'm trying to replace the entire front suspension (control arms, tie rod ends, sway bar links) in the Passat this weekend...AND I CAN'T FIND THE SOCKET FOR THE KEYED LUG BOLTS! :fuuuu::fuuuu::fuuuu:

I'm assuming the only option is to take it to NTB for lug bolt extraction, hope for minimal damage, and get new bolts? One of the front tires is down to the cords anyway so I'll need at least 1 new tire...

Did you look in the tool kit in the trunk? there is a tiny pocket they hide in... Also maybe another passat guy will let you borrow his if its the same

I posted to quick, forgot that VW came with different # spline keys.. A 12mm triple square socket has worked for me on previous vw lug nuts.

http://buy1.snapon.com/catalog/OBJECTS/images/TSSKIT.jpg

Maybe see if autozone has one to try.

I wasn't going to sleep with this over my head....HAD to be in the car.

Pulled trunk carpet out, looked with my big ass maglite...the lug socket slid down a small crack under the rear seatbacks, and was resting under the rear seat bottom!!! I looked there before, but I wouldn't have found it without going into the trunk as I did. Glad I found it! :)