Alive!

98fiveseven1647545503

Hey guys! wanted to check in with you all! just want to make sure everyone is staying safe! Just had a brush with death wednesday. Walked away with a broken bone and some mild rash. Thank god fro Icon helmets and Shift gear!

Damn Paul, glad you are okay!

What the hell happened?

So hear is the story. Me and one of my friends were heading to @Quaker Steak and Lube for bike night to see some of my biker buddies from back home. Traffic was clean and smooth on I-70 all the way to 270, passed sawmill rd and not quite to SR315. left lane running speed limit with traffic. (left lane due to typical traffic madness around SR315 US23 ond I270) The green SUV atleast 2-3 seconds ahead of me slams on their brakes. Enough to get it walking back and fourth in the lane. He exits fast to the lane on the right. I look to see if its clear to follow and it wasnt. I tried my damndest to make it to the left berm which has plenty of MC room for emergency purpose. Not sure if the girl in the ford focus swerved left too nor not, but I caught the left rear corner of her car with the beautiful front end of the busa*FML* From here things happened to fast for memory but i come off the bike as it goes in front of me (thank god)!!!I then stood up to go assist my friend to see if his gf was ok. Scott then instructed me to sit down, and helped me remove my helmet. I then proceded to ask Scott if he thought my clavical I then sat down and a nice gentleman retrieved my phone from the trunk of my bike, so i proceded to notify Kayla and my parents of this accident. They are all on ther way to riverside hospital.

I then got loaded into the ambulance for transportation. From there I updated a facebook status and such nots from my stretcher, whch by the way isnt a very comfy item to lay back on.

busted up the bike pretty bad, broke my right collar bone, and got some legit roadrash.

Never trust a person driving on their cell phone. I wont use mine again while driving without hands free devices that are actually functional, not speakerphone

apologies for typos ... left hand typin only

So YOUR the reason 270 was a mess that night......

I kid, glad it wasn't worse than it was. I want a bike dearly but these stories keep me away.

Erica called me stuck in traffic that evening complaining about "road construction" then noticed it was an accident involving a bike.

yeah it got 2 of us. ironically we were going for the Icon Moto summer tour thing and it was my icon helmet that saved my life!

so yeah the gear works pretty good, and icon and shift (IMO) make it cool to wear! Cant wait to get it fixed, get healed and get back out there. My bike was performing strongly and i was finally getting comfy on it at the track. ohwell. No I just gotta figure out how im getting the Camaro finished now that i can barely piss on my own lol

The worst part is gonna be the BS you're gonna have to deal with concerning the USAF/Tricare.

Glad to see you're ok, even if you don't visit us lowly car people anymore :p:D

Yeah I hear it is messy lol, but its okay. As far as USAF is really concerned i had all of my req'd PPE and that, my leadership is all positive and im sure ill have paperwork to fill out since its a big statistic they track...

ive been grinding away on the car on weekends to get it out again, (easier to drive I70 there and back then ride it lol) but those plans got smashed lol still got a positive attitude so thats good, just hate this "helpless" state im in at the moment!