Ford Truck - T-18 4-speed transmission

zeitgeist57

Selling the 4-speed, non-overdrive (granny-gear Low) Borg Warner T-18 transmission. This beefy bish has a drivers' side PTO, and was common in Ford F-250+ from 70s into early 80s. It came with my F100 when I bought it last year, and while it bolted up perfectly to my inline-6 (and will for most Ford V8s), the driveshaft would be a custom affair on my truck. I ended up reusing the stock 3-speed manual.

It was inspected and resealed by MD Transmission in Delaware. Clean bill of health, minor/normal wear on gears and synchros, but in great shape. Still filled with gear lube, ready for it's next home.

Looking for a quick sale, $150. Includes bellhousing, shifter lever, but not clutch fork.

Is there driveshaft that will work on my 93 5.0 2wd truck that would need a custom one?

It's got a fixed yoke, Trey. If your driveshaft has a slip yoke into the tranny currently, you'll need to convert it.

If you have a 2-piece driveshaft, then the slip-joint is likely in the middle, within the carrier bearing. This tranny could work.

The only other problem I could think of is clutch actuation...newer fords have the abysmal internal slave cylinder, whereas this is an external linkage. :(

• 3 months later...
  • 2 years later...

Bringing this thread back from the dead. I would love to get this tranny out of my garage.

$100. Inspected by Mark at MD Transmissions back in 2012 and was never run. Still fresh gear lube in the case.