92 Dodge Spirit problems running.

DSM1290

I have had this happen twice about two months apart. I will be cruising around fine and suddenly it starts to run really rough and will not rev up. Then it will die shortly there after. And wont re start. If you wait about 20 mins it will restart and run rough for about 10secs and then will not restart. If you wait another 45mins it will start up like nothing is wrong and run fine. Every once in a while it will run rough but only in spurts. I have changed the fuel pump and fuel filter after it did it the first time. Now i have no clue what this issue could be. I would be thankful for any help anyone can give.

the Spirit R/T's were a fucking blast even bone stock. They came with a 2.2 Dohc engine so it did not have the torque issues as the 2.5 8 valves or neon 2.4's. A stock Spirit R/T will pull any stock SRT-4 neon any day of the week up top.

Your best source of information is turbo-mopar.com and turbododge.com. The folks at FWD Performance that is run by Cindy is a great company and I am sure they would help you trouble shoot your problem over the phone.

Thanks for the help. Someone else had mentioned the thing in the dist. cap. I will try giving it a swap and see how it goes. IT is not a turbo so does it still have the HEP?

Yes it still has a hep, but you need one ONLY from a TBI Vehicle.

They are not interchangeable.

Chuck