Cr y u no race???

phil

• Replies 404
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is acutally a pretty good debate to have and I wonder also how the timing system works with the armdrop. How do they measure your 60' without the tree?

You still stage, the lights actually go green, you just dont pay attention to it, so on your slip it just looks like you have hte worst reaction time in history. You just go on the arm drop.

oh yeah thats true. i didnt think about that factor. screw it im not racing until the dsm is done so i wont have to worry about it ever

FTFY

PS, there are plenty of places to unload a trailer before you get to the park. Just need to figure out where/how to keep the truck and trailer, and there are options for that as well.

You still stage, the lights actually go green, you just dont pay attention to it, so on your slip it just looks like you have hte worst reaction time in history. You just go on the arm drop.

FTFY

PS, there are plenty of places to unload a trailer before you get to the park. Just need to figure out where/how to keep the truck and trailer, and there are options for that as well.

dont take this the wrong way, cause im not really into this kinda thing... but can i have secks with your car? just once?:fa:

Yes Wagner, but leaving off a hand drop you can't "tree" someone if your both on route to say a perfect 11.49 pass and beat the guy to the line FTW....beating him would mean you broke out and he gets the win. Last time I broke out 2nd round by .018 FTL...that sucked. Lol.

Regardless on weather you get a RT on your time slip or not, you still have to be good on the tree or arm drop. I have seen this 1,000 plus times. Anyone who has ever bracket raced knows this.

Yeah, fuck that. My truck and trailer aren't going out of my sight, nor am I driving two hours to possibly have my car break and be stuck without a way home.

Nice ninja edit

You are welcome to leave it at my house, in my super safe upper-middle suburban neighborhood. Assuming you can handle the 20-30min drive to the track from my house. And of course if something happens, I will help you out as far as getting your truck/trailer back to the track.

I guess let us know if those changes are definite, their FB page still says "vehicles may be trailered in".

they announced it last night, so sounds like it is definitely changing. but again, there are options for people out of town to come down with trailer. You just cant bring it onto the property (until after, if you are broke for example)

Yeah, fuck that. My truck and trailer aren't going out of my sight, nor am I driving two hours to possibly have my car break and be stuck without a way home.

ill roll with you whenever you go alex.

Then gets to it. I think ive been tryin to get you out there to race me for like 2 years now lol

he runs 12.6s, you run 13.8s......... da fuq you think gone happen? you gone lose. as much as he sucks at driving he aint gone be sleep that long at the light.

he runs 12.6s, you run 13.8s......... da fuq you think gone happen? you gone lose. as much as he sucks at driving he aint gone be sleep that long at the light.

Yep nothing to be worried about here, just to about your business :)

But you aren't getting it...there's no reaction time to look at since it's off hand drop, there's no RT on your slip...it doesn't exist, first thing you get is 60' time. What your saying to do doesn't work at this event. This isn't bracket racing.
not true. all my slips have a reaction time on them. is it right? no.

Well its gonna do 1 of 2 things. Kill the car count or bring out the TRUE street cars! I myself would like to see the true street cars start showing up.

The way its set up now is just wrong on a lot of levels. Its a street car event. Anyone can buy tags and insurance for a titled car.

Then drop a $30,000.00 race motor in it and call it a street car. All that takes is money. Lets face it these guy do not drive them like they say they do for a fact.

#1 If they did we would see them out driving around. I rarely see an outlaw 8.5 or 10.5 just out cruising around.

#2 valve springs along with many other parts on a motor like those do not like street use and they would be changing springs 2-3 times a year.

#3 when all else fails, Just tell everyone its a street car and go run street events.

So where does a guy like juciedh22, wagner, me and who ever else has a drivable street car fit in?

I don't have a $30,000.00 race motor and damn sure cant afford one. My car is to fast for the prince class and is truly suited for a KOTS events but when you have outlaw cars running a street event it just ruins the TRUE street thing.

Don't get me wrong. Those are bad ass cars but they have races for those type of cars. They're called Outlaw 8.5, outlaw 10.5, extreme 275 etc. I don't see any street in that.

If you look at our ODRA rules http://www.ohiodragracers.net/class-rules.html and yes i know there is many but only because we want it fair and still be true N/T heads up racing street style event.

TNL would be bad ass if they just changed a few more things around to keep it a street thing.

One step would be to make a outlaw street class for those that just buy tags and insurance.

It would also help to add a few rules about mufflers, tires etc.

I would be down to try this out. Sounds like a lot of fun.
These kinds of events can be a blast for the average street racer. I wish we had more around this area that supported N/T street style racing at a track.

Im sure Marion would be down for something like that. It would be nice if Trails would do it though.
come out to marion sometime. Our amount of cars are no where near TNL but all it takes is people to show up. At one time we was doing pretty good and we was getting a decent car count.

Im clueless as to what happened last year because it just kinda stopped.

This year ive changed some things around and added some classes so there would be prize money up for grabs. So we will see how it goes. that is if we could ever get an event in. Its rained out the 1st two events, next one is aug 10th