Lettuce discuss race gas...

DaddyBuiltRacing

Well my car is up at the dyno about to be retuned and we have hit a snag with the money situation. The car was going to be put on c16 but dont have the funds for it at the moment. So we're looking at alternatives, here locally I can get Cam2 which is 110 octane for $6.99 a gallon, my only issue is I dont know anyone running it nor do I know what sort of power can be made from it.

Setup is a 84mm GSR with 6262 that made 517 on 17psi and pump gas with a very conservative tune (very little timing pulled). Would like to make beyond 625 on race gas with about 30-35psi just not sure if 110 will get us there or not...

Josh, from what I've been told try to stay away from cam2 from the pump. It's not like premium that's filled every couple days at the latest. It's been known to sit for weeks and get stale.

Other than that from a can I don't see why not. I forget which name it was (something green?) but stay away from it... It took out 2 fuel pumps on a late model firebird I was working on a while back.

Just my opinion.

Edited by WheelSpin

Go e85.

Cheaper than 87, equivalent to 110, burns clean and cool, eats up timing. People have made more power on e85 than they did on C16.

example:

http://www.yellowbullet.com/forum/showpost.php?p=6274146&postcount=5

Yeah, I would second that. E85+'s cheap race gas.

E85-$2.70/gal

Cam2-$6.99/gal?

$4.29/gal Dif.

Cost of 1600cc injectors is $300

So after 70gal the injectors will have paid for themselves then you are then saving money over smaller injectors and more expensive fuel. And that's assuming you don't sell your smaller injectors to help offset the cost of bigger ones.

Common mistake calling cam 2 either 100 octane or 110 leded race fuel. These fuels are not race fuels. 112 114 116 carry a extra oxygen content. Ie race gas also they are not from pump fuel with added octane booster. U deff don't want to try 110 for boost. Check with demico fuels on exchange dr. Was cheaper than hamilton. Sells by the 55 gal or by gal. I believe last time I bought from him was 4.99 for 112 5.99 for 114. I'm shure its went up. Now I pay 2.90 and make more power with e85. Loves boost.

Go e85.

Cheaper than 87, equivalent to 110, burns clean and cool, eats up timing. People have made more power on e85 than they did on C16.

example:

http://www.yellowbullet.com/forum/showpost.php?p=6274146&postcount=5

Not saying that you or your source are wrong, but I read somewhere (no, not a lot of reading either) that e85 was closer to 105 octane?

I read mostly on LS1Tech and if I have spare cash here in the next few months, I plan to go e85 anyways.

Not saying that you or your source are wrong, but I read somewhere (no, not a lot of reading either) that e85 was closer to 105 octane?

I read mostly on LS1Tech and if I have spare cash here in the next few months, I plan to go e85 anyways.

Yep usually 100-105 depending on the blend. Do it, you wont look back.. my hatch with a 93/e85 mix had so much more pep than on straight 93.

Yep usually 100-105 depending on the blend. Do it, you wont look back.. my hatch with a 93/e85 mix had so much more pep than on straight 93.

I think for the cost of it, the benefits of the fuel and the fact that I want boost in the near future, that e85 would be worth it.