WTB: Reliable 4cyl/manual beater for <$1500

My brother-in-law needs a car for his new 40 mile commute. I PMed about that CRX listed here on CR but does anyone have something similar in that price range?

Also, I saw the Integra listed here too but I don't think he's looking to repair anything right out of the gate, especially dealing with the AC. Basically he just needs a running, driveable, reasonably dependable car. Body condition doesn't matter as long as it's not smashed up.

Thanks all.

I've got a 2001 Kia Sephia. I'd probably let go of for that price. its 1.8 5speed air works. I'm supposed to pick up another car next weekend so it could be ready to go in a week or so. I commute almost 40 miles a day in it without any problems.

Just the pulley, I think. It was ice cold before.

I talked to him last night. He doesn't have anywhere to work on the car where he's living now and just doesnt want to do any work on the car. So he needs a roadworthy car to start with. If it were me, I'd be down with doing a little work on it but it's not for me.

I've got a 2001 Kia Sephia. I'd probably let go of for that price. its 1.8 5speed air works. I'm supposed to pick up another car next weekend so it could be ready to go in a week or so. I commute almost 40 miles a day in it without any problems.

That could work. Just let me know the details and maybe a pic or two. PM if you want.

Thanks.