How do you start a website like this one for another state?

DollFace

I plan on moving back to GA within the next couple of years and have found OR to be a great way to meet people with a common interest. When I move back, I would like to start a website just like this one for Warner Robins. I am ignorant when it comes to this kind of stuff? How do you get the funding to start it, etc?

Funding comes out of your own pocket until the site is big enough to attract sponsors. Even then you may still be paying out of pocket.

Quoted for the truth!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :broke:

I plan on moving back to GA within the next couple of years and have found OR to be a great way to meet people with a common interest. When I move back, I would like to start a website just like this one for Warner Robins. I am ignorant when it comes to this kind of stuff? How do you get the funding to start it, etc?

The actual cost to run a smaller version of a site like this is pretty minimal. All you really need is a domain name and webhost provider that offers free built-in forum scripts. Thats exactly how I am running my own site at OhioScooterRiders.com

I already had the webservice, all I had to pay for was the domain name, which is only $10 a year. The web service runs me $4.95 a month but I have unlimited domains available from that one cost which means all of my sites (I have lots) are using the one service as their backbone, so I only pay the $4.95/mo for one site but then have to pay $10 a year for each additional domain name.

...or check the web, someone has probably already done it.

Maybe not as well as our hosts, (thanks Ben, Carrie, and all the admins/sponsors/mods/supporters) But especially since georgia tends to have a more temperate climate, I bet such forums already exist.

...or check the web, someone has probably already done it.

Maybe not as well as our hosts, (thanks Ben, Carrie, and all the admins/sponsors/mods/supporters) But especially since georgia tends to have a more temperate climate, I bet such forums already exist.

+1, i found a very similar forum when i lived in new england.