2nd Generation Camaro Project About To Take Shape

NitrousSam

http://www.knoxcountyohio.com/agent_files/Cool%20Cars/Screen%20Shot%202012-07-23%20at%207.29.38%20AM.png

I picked up a 2nd generation Camaro 8 years ago with the idea that I would eventually drop in a healthy big block, add a big nitrous system and have a little fun reliving my high school days. I hadn't touched the car since the day I bought it and it has been sitting in my shop collecting dust until just recently. This past weekend I finished up acquiring the rest of the drivetrain and am hoping to get the car together and ready for some runs this coming August. Let the fun begin!!!

John - No wheelie bars and no plans to add them on this particular car even though it is going to need them.

The engine is a big bore Dart Big M block with 12 degree Big Chief heads, sheet metal intake, twin dominators, shaft rockers & belt, it was built specifically for large doses of nitrous and it has all the internal goodies. I am going to shake it down at Pacemakers on a Friday night test and tune hopefully next month. The first 60 foot should be crazy fun!!!

Paul - I have actually never taken photos of the car other than a few shots of the interior. It isn't really anything special but it has some good parts. 1979 Camaro Z28 with a cage, smaller tires, 40 spline rear, if it wasn't for the big sheet metal intake and dominators the car could be a very nice sleeper.

I hate newbs just jerk around with hobbies and never put any serious effort into anything and just post their run down heaps of crap here.

You sir make being here and tollerating the loads of newbs described above well worth it as there's usually about at least one now and then that is real.

Holy Cow on some of the stuff you've built. Nicely done. Off to dream about having those skills........

Steve - Thanks!

This engine never made it on the dyno so I can't confirm legit power numbers. I suspect it makes slightly more than 1,100 on just the engine (nitrous specific cam). Where it should shine is on nitrous.

John - No wheelie bars and no plans to add them on this particular car even though it is going to need them.

The engine is a big bore Dart Big M block with 12 degree Big Chief heads, sheet metal intake, twin dominators, shaft rockers & belt, it was built specifically for large doses of nitrous and it has all the internal goodies. I am going to shake it down at Pacemakers on a Friday night test and tune hopefully next month. The first 60 foot should be crazy fun!!!

Just figured wheelie bars would be another ode to your old camaro. Except hopefully you wouldnt get caught on railroad tracks this time :lolguy:

Let me know when you're going to PDP and I'll come up.

Edited by Nickey427

Tim - Thanks! I have had a serious passion for horsepower since the early 1980's. Feeling a little excitement now because some of my projects are moving forward after 5 years of basically just sitting still while I worked on my business.

Craig - Thanks for the offer. Harry Glass builds some high quality stuff but sorry to say I won't be able to use it at this point mainly because the Camaro is going to be a street car for now. However, I am looking for an 8 inch inch cowl hood.

Nick - That sure brings back some fun memories. That was actually my supercharged pro street Camaro and not my high school car. You and I both know that I would have benefited from spring loaded wheelie bars that night!!! That was a crazy night but not nearly as crazy as the fun we had out on Kinney / Airport Road the following night.