Gun + Chick

Erica

I know I have posted before about a good first gun for me. I am looking for something that would be for self-defense only. I am interested in knowing what some good brands are, besides the mainstream. I have a few guns that I am interested in but don't know a ton about them. I would like something compact (small) yet powerful.

Helpful ideas would be great! Thanks!

What guns are you interested in?

I was at gander the other day (After a employee knocking over an entire table of 300 boxes .40 ammo) We picked out a gun for my wife.. Hoping to get her to the shooting range before we buy it.

http://www.gandermountain.com/modperl/product/details.cgi?pdesc=Ruger-LCP-Pink-Handgun&i=615381&aID=510E1A&merchID=4006

What guns are you interested in?

I was at gander the other day (After a employee knocking over an entire table of 300 boxes .40 ammo) We picked out a gun for my wife.. Hoping to get her to the shooting range before we buy it.

http://www.gandermountain.com/modperl/product/details.cgi?pdesc=Ruger-LCP-Pink-Handgun&i=615381&aID=510E1A&merchID=4006

I'm very interested in this. I want something smaller.

http://www.vanceoutdoors.com/products2.cfm/ID/110298/name/ruger-lc9-9mm-w-laser-max-3206

HA! Is that the same gun? I didnt even click on the link before I posted that!

Mostly rifles...A LOOOONG time ago!

Well, the "right" gun for YOU is one that YOU can handle well, shoot well, and feel confident with.

It doesn't matter if it is a Walther P22 or a S&W 500 Survival!!!

Go to the Range, and shoot EVERYTHING you can. Beg, borrow or trade to shoot them all!

:fuckyeah:

KillJoy

I guess I would like to know what the best caliber would be ?

Some say that you should not show up to a gun fight w/o a Caliber starting with a .4xxxx

However, a 22short at hand is better then a .45acp left at home.

;)

KillJoy

My gf has a sig p238 she has for SD. I don't know how you feel about single Action only pistols but she uses hers very well(possibly because most of what I've had are 1911's and she's shot them and likes the way they shoot/handle)

Anyways they shoot great, are very accurate and easy to be accurate with for a pocket pistol. And if your not into the .380 thing, they make a slightly larger version in 9mm(p938)

The biggest con of them is the cost. I know I wasn't happy spending that kinda coin on a .380 but it's what she is comfortable and good with. I carried a p238 as a back up for awhile. They are reliable and I've never had an issue with them.

LCP's are excellent for the price but the trigger is long and took me a lot of practice to be proficient with it.

Good luck with your choice, No matter what you get practice is key. Shoot it as often as you can.

I have the LCP, and love it, can carry it in my back pocket and it looks like a wallet. i also have a s&w m&p 9c i like for winter time when i have more clothing on to hide it.

Did you check out the s&w bodyguard 380? I like that a lot

I would go to the range and shoot a few guns first. I wanted something small and powerful for my fiancee to use. But small and powerful = shit ton of recoil and most girls doesn't like recoil. So we ended up getting a Ruger SR22 pistol. She enjoys shooting it a ton more than any other gun we tried, she isn't affect by the recoil as much and started to become very accurate with it. People can argue that 22LR is a bad self defense round. But for a girl that doesn't shoot very much, I rather see her put 10rds of Hyper Velocity 22LR HP in an intruders center mass than have her shooting up the house with my USP40c.

I have the S&W 38SPL Bodyguard, if you would like to try it out......

It is BASICALLY any other J-Frame.....

KillJoy

this but good luck trying to get your hands on one. last week all the gun shops said they sell out faster then they can get them in.

You welcome to shoot my Kahr PM9 and my wifes walther p22. personally I wouldn't suggest the p22 for daily carry but your welcome to shoot it and see if you like it.

I have the LCP, and love it, can carry it in my back pocket and it looks like a wallet. i also have a s&w m&p 9c i like for winter time when i have more clothing on to hide it.

Did you check out the s&w bodyguard 380? I like that a lot

That was another one I was looking at. I need to go try a few first.