Auto Express UK: GT86 vs Audi TT vs 370Z

Draco-REX

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Its a culture difference dumdums...

In America, the general perception of "luxury" and "good ride" is soft and floats down the road...

In Europe, the general perception of "luxury" is more "sporty" by american standards, its more firm, etc...

Different cultures, with different thought processes, they may change, but that is histrocial precendnt.

You idiots that talk about how superior the handling is of german cars, think American car manufactures dont know "how" to make a stiff proper road carving suspension, the truth is, they dont want to! There are plenty of examples that show USDM mfgr's can make stiff suspension if it 'wants' to, and rival/beat the pants off non-USDM mfgr's on a track. Next you are going to go full audi-fag and talk about how sweet the interior is.

Wow :dumb:

Be US car makers according to JuicedH22, don't make cars feel like they handle as good as they do.

:dumb::dumb:

PS:

Just want to make it clear that I don't "hate" all american cars universally.

The C6 Z is probably the best car you can buy for dollars spent, and does everything well.

Hell, Aaron would already own one if he fit in them.

Agreed. And I have no trouble saying that. It actualliy pains me that I don't fit in them, it truely does. Absolutely love those cars.

Whats laughable is the lack of the same ability by the domestic car lovers. Don't be caught dead saying anything positive about foreign cars on CR. Your mullet would be cut off immediately!!!!

^Leaf springs lol

Yea, leaf spring suspension is inferior... I mean NO real fast cars run them... and they could never beat competition loaded with coilover suspension designs....

oh wait, that's not true at all.

Whats laughable is the lack of the same ability by the domestic car lovers. Don't be caught dead saying anything positive about foreign cars on CR. Your mullet would be cut off immediately!!!!

I don't think that's universally true. I am heavilly slanted toward American cars but there are tons of foreign cars I really like. In fact, if I were to name off some of my favorite cars, there are probably more foreign names on the list than domestic. Even including some from the Audi LOL camp.

:gabe:

Mullet Status: Still Intact - Considering upgrade to "rat-tail"

+100

Be Corvette, epitome of american sports car, that shares interior with $10,000 economy car.

Tell me what part it shares with the economy car... other than a fucking radio, i bet you can. Just another clown who spouts off that dumb line.

Ferraris still use crank windows... what a piece of JUNK!

Wow :dumb:

Be US car makers according to JuicedH22, don't make cars feel like they handle as good as they do.

:dumb::dumb:

You're an idiot. Sorry thought process went over your head.

You keep spouting off the term handling, yet when numbers that show an american car can handle well, you dismiss it. Are you bitter a german sedan doesnt have the fastest lap around the 'ring? (which filed for bankruptcy on an unrelated note)

Hey retard, you're talking to someone who has owned BMWs, MB, and several japanese cars... Hell, I still own an infiniti.... I am not bashing import brands at all, I am calling you a retard for bashing USDM... So, what's laughable exactly?

Ferraris still use crank windows... what a piece of JUNK!

I have a feeling that's not true, unless it's some stripped down race model maybe. But even so, that's not a good comparison, Italians build some pretty janky shit too.

I don't think that's universally true. I am heavilly slanted toward American cars but there are tons of foreign cars I really like. In fact, if I were to name off some of my favorite cars, there are probably more foreign names on the list than domestic. Even including some from the Audi LOL camp.

:gabe:

Mullet Status: Still Intact - Considering upgrade to "rat-tail"

Of course its not true, just rustling jimmies.

the 'ring? (which filed for bankruptcy on an unrelated note)

Saw that, epic shitty. Going to have to bump up my plan to go drive the ring from some day, to some day soon. :no:

Having not read about this, I am assuming it would just be purchased by someone else, correct? Or does this threaten the course being open long term?

That's a pretty subjective question, dont you think?

Yes, as is anything handling related besides straight numbers, which are subjective by themselves, as 1 driver cant drive different cars to their max ability. Other factors, temp, tires, etc also play more into numbers than we can measure.

We have to do the best with what we have, or have no discussion (elementary name calling in your case) at all.

I have a feeling that's not true, unless it's some stripped down race model maybe. But even so, that's not a good comparison, Italians build some pretty janky shit too.

Oh, its true... While I dont think any "new" production models dont offer power windows, its still very common to see them without. even the Enzo didnt have them, I am pretty sure. I think it can be said for power steering as well.