Auto Express UK: GT86 vs Audi TT vs 370Z

Draco-REX

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Stay Classy.

well, Just calling it like I see it?

Yes, as is anything handling related besides straight numbers, which are subjective by themselves, as 1 driver cant drive different cars to their max ability. Other factors, temp, tires, etc also play more into numbers than we can measure.

We have to do the best with what we have, or have no discussion (elementary name calling in your case) at all.

yea, we shouldnt use lap times and actual data to make judgements, we should use opinion... that makes sense!

Oh, its true... While I dont think any "new" production models dont offer power windows, its still very common to see them without. even the Enzo didnt have them, I am pretty sure. I think it can be said for power steering as well.

PS:

The Enzo is 10+ years old now.

No such thing nowadays...

Hey, your car looks nice and is fast, kudos.:fuckyeah:

Juicey getting his flat bill all bent up?

BTW Aaron did you ever own a black SC MKIII VR6?

No sir. Black MKV GTI for 2 years, but thats the only black car I've owned.

well, Just calling it like I see it?

yea, we shouldnt use lap times and actual data to make judgements, we should use opinion... that makes sense!

Oh boy. I was saying, that even numbers are interpreted, and can be misleading due to driver error, etc. Apparently its wasted on you.

Just wasting time. :gabe:

Yet its still only 11:40AM.....Work is kreeeeeeping

Oh, its true... While I dont think any "new" production models dont offer power windows, its still very common to see them without. even the Enzo didnt have them, I am pretty sure. I think it can be said for power steering as well.

Felipe Massa's Ferrari doesn't even have a damn roof, let alone windows. That, and the Enzo, I would put in the "stripped down race model" group.

edit...and it's 10+ years old...jesus

Oh boy. I was saying, that even numbers are interpreted, and can be misleading due to driver error, etc. Apparently its wasted on you.

Hardly lost on me. I think it is on you though? misleading due to driver error? We are not talking one lap and done here. Of course a sample size of 1 doesnt mean much. And to say "it's the tires" is also silly. Considering any properly designed suspension STARTs with the tires, and the design assumptions around what will be ran. this is true from an economy car up to an F1 car. A cars ability to 'handle' is directly proportional to how fast it can turn, or g's it can handle... which is why the skidpad was invented to begin with. Therefore looking at road course lap times, averaged or fastest lap on a session even along with skidpad data, is really hte only way I personally would "judge" the handling capability of a car. Everything else is too subjective.

Hardly lost on me. I think it is on you though? misleading due to driver error? We are not talking one lap and done here. Of course a sample size of 1 doesnt mean much. And to say "it's the tires" is also silly. Considering any properly designed suspension STARTs with the tires, and the design assumptions around what will be ran. this is true from an economy car up to an F1 car. A cars ability to 'handle' is directly proportional to how fast it can turn, or g's it can handle... which is why the skidpad was invented to begin with. Therefore looking at road course lap times, averaged or fastest lap on a session even along with skidpad data, is really hte only way I personally would "judge" the handling capability of a car. Everything else is too subjective.

Is that why a single model has a slew of OEM tires from the factory?

:dumb:

Is that why a single model has a slew of OEM tires from the factory?

:dumb:

yup. If you want to argue that point you highlighted with me, you're blind. Granted you are ignorant to automotive design... but you're talking to someone who isnt. :dumb:

But you don't have to buy an S/RS/M/AMG to get a good handling German car. Case in point, base model FWD TT, that's a mom's car. I know cause my mom has one :dumb:

I'd be willing to bet Andy's old FWD A4 isn't as wet noodle like. I know someone on here has driven both that would agree.

Which brings another question, what do you consider good handling? Most non-car people think good handling is defined by fastest lap time... :no:

Why aren't we all driving Boxsters, RX8s, M3's, etc....lol..

I drove a 2013 premium, leather, xenons, 19" wheel option, 3.55 gear, 6mt. He was the passenger. It was a helatious experience.

Exactly.

See Andy's comments above.

...and that is why! You guys drove the secretary model with the soft suspension, floaty, wet noodle ride.

Go drive a BOSS and maybe you'll change your mind... ;)