Auto Express UK: GT86 vs Audi TT vs 370Z

Draco-REX

...and that is why! You guys drove the secretary model with the soft suspension, floaty, wet noodle ride.

Go drive a BOSS and maybe you'll change your mind... ;)

I have no doubt (and would certainly hope) that the more expensive, 45k Mustangs feel better than the "secretary" model.

It pulls great times/numbers, without a doubt, just didn't care for the FEEL of the car, in stock form.

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:dumb::dumb::dumb::dumb:

yes, that is how you look. srsly

MUSTANG and CORVETTE LOL

any time you want to race my inferior built corvette, in any type of motorsport (other than offroad/rally, lol) let me know as I would be glad to keep the above look on your face. ;)

yes, that is how you look. srsly

any time you want to race my inferior built corvette, in any type of motorsport (other than offroad/rally, lol) let me know as I would be glad to keep the above look on your face. ;)

Lets go Vin.

Any time, any where, $1,000.

My Jimmies were not rustled in the least.

Live laugh love, everyone.

Imagine how boring everything would be if we all drove the same car with the same mods.

I would never drive a TT, they are for Gays.

You are seriously damaged. I love Corvettes, I understand their abilities, and have no false hopes of my GTI.

Calm down little guy.

excellent, now go pick up a basic suspension design book and we can get you to understand that as well. I recommend most SAE publications.

Yeah, it happens.

PS, how about you make a Corvette that a 6'6" person can fit in, and I'll join the dark side.

I'm 6'4" and have not issues. One of my super corvette pals, who does quite a bit more road racing than me, is 6'6" 230 lbs and he has no issues.... well, actually he has his seat mounted directly to the floor to have no issues with a helmet on.

My Jimmies were not rustled in the least.

Live laugh love, everyone.

Imagine how boring everything would be if we all drove the same car with the same mods.

would we all drive exotic sports cars, or econo-grocery/kid haulers?

I'm 6'4" and have not issues. One of my super corvette pals, who does quite a bit more road racing than me, is 6'6" 230 lbs and he has no issues.... well, actually he has his seat mounted directly to the floor to have no issues with a helmet on.

I actually did a lot of research on corvettes just a few months ago. I combed the forums, anything I could find on tall people in them. I have sat in the C5 and C6 and they are simply too small, leg room, head room, everything.

I did read about mounting the seat to the floor but even then, the tallest person that commented on it was your height, 6'4". I would be intrigued in sitting in your friends, but I am quite a bit over 230lbs. lol

yea, no 'true' sports car is going to be good for a very large person... out of the 90th percentile....

Here is Jeremy in another friend's c6z... (before it turned white and won the Optima Street Car Challenge ;) )

http://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash4/281491_2278044636526_2607971_n.jpg

I cant find any good pictures of his seat set-up in his c5 though...

Which brings another question, what do you consider good handling? Most non-car people think good handling is defined by fastest lap time... :no:

Why aren't we all driving Boxsters, RX8s, M3's, etc....lol..

For me it's how the car feels...no body roll, going where I point it.

This conversation reminded me of this:

Forever miss my VR4 :fa:

yea, no 'true' sports car is going to be good for a very large person... out of the 90th percentile....

Here is Jeremy in another friend's c6z... (before it turned white and won the Optima Street Car Challenge ;) )

http://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash4/281491_2278044636526_2607971_n.jpg

I cant find any good pictures of his seat set-up in his c5 though...

I'll take a look when I am not at work, its blocked.

I envy people who can fit in Miata's, S2000's, Corvettes, etc, because I will never know what a car like that feels like. :yuno:

I've heard trucks are good for fat people.

So are GTI's

Indeed. Most German cars are very accomodating for tall/fat people. Although I haven't been in a car where had I been thinner, It'd made much of a difference. Maybe the new mustang, but thats about all I can recall. Most are FAR too small. Not many that are borderline. Actually, the R8. If I lost 75lbs, itd be about perfect.