Pulse Performance 6-rotor

I do not know a bunch about rotary motors but could you technically just keep stacking another rotor on to a motor as in could you build a 10 rotor motor? Any news on what the 6 rotor is going in?

the only catch is you have to make a custom eccentric shaft (the rotary equivalent of a crank).

I'd say the biggest issue after the e shaft is figuring out how to adequately cool it. The coolant flows from one end of the motor to the other and then makes the same pass again on the other side of the motor before going back to the radiator. The more rotors you add to that the hotter it gets during its path. I'm interested to see more on this motor and if they actually get some good power out of it.

Basically, yes. The first hurdle is making the eccentric shaft. From there, make a long ass fuel rail and then get it all to work together after you get the 16 dowel pins to hold it together.

Nooo that is far from the only hurdle. ;) There's a very good reason that there are almost no rotaries over 3 and 4.

Each rotor can be an engine unto itself, getting 6 of them in time with each other is excessively difficult.

Even if you can do that, you have to hold it all together. Just looking at some steel on steel on aluminum, you may assume nothing is moving. It is all moving, by thousandths and tens of thousandths of an inch. As you stack things up, the possibility for destructive gaps and misalignments increases.

The real bitch: Resonance. Note that those guys only BRAP the engine and never wind it out. An engine that long, and eccentric shaft of that diameter, it's all going to resemble a jump rope spinning around when it really winds out... on a small-to-the-naked-eye scale, but enough to stress things that don't want to be stressed.

You can tune and split hairs to reduce imbalance, but you never eliminate it. You can make you parts out of the baddest ass metals available, but they'll all still flex. In the end, that engine will meet the same fate as every other hyper-rotor engine. It will go boom, it may even snap in half like the titanic. There's a reason that Mazdas very well funded racing effort of the 90's didn't go beyond 4 rotors.

I'll accept that metals have come along since then, but not that far. I doubt that you can spec a bolt that's long enough to hold the stack together AND resist the forces trying to rip the engine apart. Hell, a 4ft long bold will change dimensions and grow on it's own as you heat it up.

Nooo that is far from the only hurdle. ;) There's a very good reason that there are almost no rotaries over 3 and 4.

Each rotor can be an engine unto itself, getting 6 of them in time with each other is excessively difficult.

Even if you can do that, you have to hold it all together. Just looking at some steel on steel on aluminum, you may assume nothing is moving. It is all moving, by thousandths and tens of thousandths of an inch. As you stack things up, the possibility for destructive gaps and misalignments increases.

The real bitch: Resonance. Note that those guys only BRAP the engine and never wind it out. An engine that long, and eccentric shaft of that diameter, it's all going to resemble a jump rope spinning around when it really winds out... on a small-to-the-naked-eye scale, but enough to stress things that don't want to be stressed.

You can tune and split hairs to reduce imbalance, but you never eliminate it. You can make you parts out of the baddest ass metals available, but they'll all still flex. In the end, that engine will meet the same fate as every other hyper-rotor engine. It will go boom, it may even snap in half like the titanic. There's a reason that Mazdas very well funded racing effort of the 90's didn't go beyond 4 rotors.

I'll accept that metals have come along since then, but not that far. I doubt that you can spec a bolt that's long enough to hold the stack together AND resist the forces trying to rip the engine apart. Hell, a 4ft long bold will change dimensions and grow on it's own as you heat it up.

SO WHAT YOU ARE SAYING IS THAT I CAN BUILD A 20 ROTOR CAR WITH 0 ISSUES GETTING IT TO RUN AND DO IT WITHIN A DAY FROM START TO FINISH

this may only be slightly pertinant to what you were saying, but iirc the 4 rotor race motors were able to rev much higher than the 2 rotor (idk about the 3 rotors) because of a 2 piece eccentric shaft which aloud for a bearing in the center iron making it more stable. they still had a short life span though due to the way they were ported.