Accelerated Performance has fixed the BRZ.

Draco-REX

http://www.ft86club.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=12034&d=1344292803

Just 6psi on this run, a gain of around 100hp and 80tq from baseline.

This puts it at roughly the same power/weight ratio as a 2012 Mustang 5.0. I'm trying to get confirmation, but I believe that is on stock internals and pump gas. Not sure about the longevity of course, but I don't think AP and Visconti are done yet. Don said his goal was 8psi with pump gas and more with corn.

These guys do good work. :fuckyeah:

EDIT: another note, there's only a ghost of the torque dip now too.

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Turbo and tune. Pretty respectable gains from just 6psi on a 2.0L 12.5:1 comp engine, in my opinion. They're actually working on the car right now and posting updates to FT86Club.

:lolguy:

What were the numbers bone stock?!?!?!?

KillJoy

Edit: We posted at the same time ;)

Turbo and tune. Pretty respectable gains from just 6psi on a 2.0L 12.5:1 comp engine, in my opinion. They're actually working on the car right now and posting updates to FT86Club.

I'm not bitching, I think 200whp/200wtq on that car would probably make it a ton more fun.

On most modern DI engines, the torque increase is usually massive down low and can produce some incredible numbers until it's out of breath.

Given this has both DI & PI available, I can't imagine fueling is really holding them back, so I have to assume that the internals are made out of paper mache and they have to artificially keeping the torque curve down to prevent the rods from exiting the block at high boost/low RPM conditions.

They're working with what they've got. But a 110hp bump in a car on the lighter side is a pretty big kick in the butt. Again, this gives the car 8.73 lb/hp which is roughly a 2012 Mustang 5.0. That in a package that handles like a dream..

Jamie's BRZ will be getting 10.5:1 comp pistons and a bigger turbo. AP putting together a pretty good package here. It'd make a kickass TT car if that's the direction he's going.

What does the car weigh? They look cool as hell, but those numbers, EVEN BOOSTED, seem painfully anemic!!!

KillJoy

A BRZ with 1/4 tank of gas weighed in at 2715 on corner-weighting scales. So it's a pretty accurate measure.

Mustang 5.0 is ~3600lbs, maybe a little less.

Not respectable, Why build a NA car that handles well with such little HP? Remember the s2000?

IF it had 325 HP V6 or I4Turbo they would sell more of them (after the hype dies down)

If the BRZ was 300hp Turbo, who would buy a WRX? Understand now?

Kind of like when my dad was a programmer for GE in the 70's and all computers processed at a certain fast speed.... and they dumbed them down and charged less for those ones that they dumbed-down.