Accelerated Performance has fixed the BRZ.

Draco-REX

Some pics of the prototyping:

http://i1128.photobucket.com/albums/m489/Donaldsummerton/2012-07-08_15-50-22_748.jpg

http://i1128.photobucket.com/albums/m489/Donaldsummerton/2012-07-05_14-13-23_94.jpg

http://i1128.photobucket.com/albums/m489/Donaldsummerton/2012-07-10_14-30-52_139.jpg

http://i1128.photobucket.com/albums/m489/Donaldsummerton/2012-07-10_18-28-58_771.jpg

Standard "hot air" intake that comes with the kit:

http://i1128.photobucket.com/albums/m489/Donaldsummerton/2012-07-13_16-48-06_352.jpg

Scavenge pump and dumped wastegate:

http://i1128.photobucket.com/albums/m489/Donaldsummerton/2012-07-12_18-09-58_32.jpg

No clearance issues:

http://i1128.photobucket.com/albums/m489/Donaldsummerton/2012-07-19_11-28-19_971.jpg

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Draco, I commend your efforts.

I guess 100hp gains at low boost on a brand new, high compression platform just aren't good enough for some of you. Might be time to take a step back and realize exactly what you're posting.

Thanks, but I don't take it personally. There are many hated cars on CR and this is one of them. It doesn't help that during a HP war between manufacturers it shows up with only 200hp under the hood. Some people just don't get it. I don't get "Hella-flush" and stretched tires. *shrug*

But I think this kit and the results are pretty cool to watch, even if I don't plan to go FI during the warranty period. This is just the over-the-counter turbo kit. Don's having an engine built and plans to blow up the transmission with 28psi of boost.

It's going to be interesting to watch where the block begins to limit things. The block has an open deck which usually isn't a good thing, but the cylinder walls are thicker than usual for an open deck Subaru motor. So a deck brace might work pretty well. We'll see when Don starts to push the limits.

$5K price for the list of parts earlier in the thread, plus labor and a tune. You can tack another $600 on if you want a ECUTek cable to be able to backup/flash/unflash your ECU yourself afterwards. So total should be around $6K or so.

Last update I can see in the thread: The 281whp pull was at 8psi. Don believes with a freer flowing exhaust 300whp is possible on the stock engine/injectors using pump gas. They haven't touched alcohol yet.

perhaps I'm alone in thinking that a 281whp boosted version of your car would make me giggle daily. :confused: Okay...now I see Jones' post....perhaps two or three of us would giggle.

if others want 5.0l and turbo LSx power, there are choices for them too. a boosted BRZ however has some intriguing possibilities though.

I think maybe my/our view is tainted and somewhat spoiled by other platforms.

It's all new, and for low weight, I'm sure it feels pretty fun!

What the hell have you done with Jones? You return my trollololing little friend!

I guess 100hp gains at low boost on a brand new, high compression platform just aren't good enough for some of you. Might be time to take a step back and realize exactly what you're posting.

Thank you. Some common sense. Some people are just so intent on hatorade they don't care where they spill it. :rolleyes:

$5K price for the list of parts earlier in the thread, plus labor and a tune. You can tack another $600 on if you want a ECUTek cable to be able to backup/flash/unflash your ECU yourself afterwards. So total should be around $6K or so.

Last update I can see in the thread: The 281whp pull was at 8psi. Don believes with a freer flowing exhaust 300whp is possible on the stock engine/injectors using pump gas. They haven't touched alcohol yet.

When are they going to track test it?

Not a bad gain but this puts it at what $31k now....just wondering...what kind of performance that buys...

Glad someone else was thinking the same thing...

Im with you guys on this. Hence why i posted what i did earlier in the thread.

Also seems like people are forgetting this is a small (2.0L i think) 4 cyl motor, not some huge 6.0L+ V8.

When are they going to track test it?

Not a bad gain but this puts it at what $31k now....just wondering...what kind of performance that buys...

More than likely soon. I don't see them staying away from a drag strip for long when they have a car with a newly boosted engine in their hands. The first customer unit is getting tuned today. It's an automatic car too. Brave soul.

GET OUT OF HERE WITH YOUR COMMON SENSE POSTING ASS.

Oh a 50% power increase? Pshaw, that's nothing. A theoretical build of a theoretical car using theoretical math whose properties are known only to me would theoretically yield a 400% HP boost at a cost of only 5 wampum. You're a chump for doing what you're doing.

Maybe you all forget but 02-05 WRXes were 2.0. With flash to stg2 and downpipe they were still under 300 HP. But could destroy 2nd gear easy. Like it was already said, I don't see 300 HP being reliable in this higher compression motor. Unless of course you bring down the compression. Hell 2011 STIs have popped motors on stock cars with stock tunes.

Maybe you all forget but 02-05 WRXes were 2.0. With flash to stg2 and downpipe they were still under 300 HP. But could destroy 2nd gear easy. Like it was already said, I don't see 300 HP being reliable in this higher compression motor. Unless of course you bring down the compression. Hell 2011 STIs have popped motors on stock cars with stock tunes.

Nobody is disputing how unreliable and cheap subaru's are, but lets stay on topic.

• Upvote 1

The BRZ is Sexy. However, I like many others, am spoiled, and expect my "sports cars" to come with at least 275 hp. Especially in a case like this where the engine manufacturer has plenty of engines that fit that bill already in production. This is the same issue that made short work of the "RX-8 rotary revival".