85 RX-7 NoRotorXXmotor

coltboostin

http://www.speedwaymotors.com/LS1-Engine-to-GM-Auto-Transmission-Adapter,8701.html

It seems the correct flex plate is all that is needed? No mention of other issyes mounting a 350/400 to a LS motor

I have that flexplate in my Camaro, it's a direct replacement but has a second set of holes and came with an adaptor for the converter snout. I'm fairly certain the centerline of the crank and input shaft line up, but like I said have never done it personally so I don't want to tell you that it fits for sure.

I have that flexplate in my Camaro, it's a direct replacement but has a second set of holes and came with an adaptor for the converter snout. I'm fairly certain the centerline of the crank and input shaft line up, but like I said have never done it personally so I don't want to tell you that it fits for sure.

It has to line up-otherwise it would not work.

What trans int eh Camaro?

Ok I need more transmission Clarification- On the 4L60 and 80e- why do they seem SO much more expensive to mod, and in "built" form than the 350/400? How much can the stock 60/80E hold realistically?? Also any difference in the 4.3 Slush boxes?

As for Manuals-does the T5 out of trucks work? Does the T5s out of 4.3 V6's work? Same mounting as a Ford T5 (that is in the car only reason I ask!!)

350/400 have been around for so much longer than the 4L60e/80, that's why they are cheaper to build. The 4.3 uses the same transmission (700r4/4L60), no difference that I know of. The T5 out of a 4.3 will have the same bell housing pattern as a SBC does.

If plan on building something with a manual valve body, I would choose the 350/400. After having talked with many trans builders, the 700r4/4L60e does not like manual valve bodies and very much doesnt like reverse manual VBs.

4L60

Built? Stock for that car correct?

If plan on building something with a manual valve body, I would choose the 350/400. After having talked with many trans builders, the 700r4/4L60e does not like manual valve bodies and very much doesnt like reverse manual VBs.

manual VB=manual shifting and Reverse Manual=use of a "trans break" correct?

Built? Stock for that car correct?

manual VB=manual shifting and Reverse Manual=use of a "trans break" correct?

Yes Manual = manual shifting with the stock shifting.

Reverse Manual =manual with a PRN123(D) pattern instead.

Oh yeah forgot about transbrakes, 4l60s dont like those either :fuuuu:

Yes Manual = manual shifting with the stock shifting.

Reverse Manual =manual with a PRN123(D) pattern instead.

Oh yeah forgot about transbrakes, 4l60s dont like those either :fuuuu:

What is the benefit of reverse manual-so you can go directly to N form any gear without R in the way?

• 2 weeks later...