Rattling sound at high RPM in 2nd gear?!

GilbWs6

So I've noticed a noise that has gradually been getting a little louder over the past 3 trips out in the Ws6. In 2nd gear at WOT, above 4,000 RPM I start to hear a sound coming from under the car that sounds like something rattling. I let off, it goes away. I hit the gas again, it's back. 3rd gear, no sound but I feel a slight hesitation. The hesitation could be all in my head but the sound it definitely there. I'm really hoping I don't have to have the tranny rebuilt. I'm going to drive it to work and have one of the techs look at it. I just hate putting the 88 miles on it necessary to drive it up there. Thanks for any help.

Put the car on a lift today and had all the exhaust clamps tightened. I think after I had it put on it heated up and some of the clamps loosened up. One thing I did notice is that the drive shaft is within a half inch from the exhaust pipe on the right side of the car. Now thinking the noise I heard may have been the drive shaft nicking the exhaust pipe. Now that the clamps are tightened, the pipe is staying away. Not sure if that's it but all I know is the noise is gone. Also had the tranny and differential serviced. All of the fluid looked good with no metal shavings present so I'm no longer as worried about the transmission being an issue.

if the car wasnt on a drive on lift.. like a 4 post or something that allows the wheels to drop to full travel the driveshaft will look close to the exhaust... remember the rear end is usually about 4 inches higher than that and raises the angle of the ds