Restaurants that serve walleye

BrianZ06

I live 10 minutes from Brennan's' date=' go there all the time. Definitely worth going to if you're ever up north, it's only about half an hour from downtown Cleveland.[/quote']

My grandma is right off liberty drive in painesville, and lived even closer when she was in the apartments down diamond center dr off heisley rd. i love that place...sooo good

Saugeye are everybit as good as Walleye. Get some fresh off Derek in the next couple months, they're exceptional.

Only fish I would drive to Cleveland for is Yellow Perch, mmmmm...

FYI, the yellow perch at Brennan's is fantastic.

My grandma is right off liberty drive in painesville, and lived even closer when she was in the apartments down diamond center dr off heisley rd. i love that place...sooo good

I live a street over from Hopkins Elementary, kind of nice to be in Mentor but far enough toward the edge to be away from the traffic.

The 23 Delaware Diner does an all-you-can-eat walleye night. Not sure which day. I don't typically like fish, but I have seen it on their sign.

No idea if it's any good, especially given that it's an all you can eat type of thing. I used to think their chili was the best around though. I say "used to" because they have changed ownership and I hear the recipe has changed.

Either way, you didn't specifically say GOOD walleye. :gabe:

The 23 Delaware Diner does an all-you-can-eat walleye night. Not sure which day. I don't typically like fish, but I have seen it on their sign.

No idea if it's any good, especially given that it's an all you can eat type of thing. I used to think their chili was the best around though. I say "used to" because they have changed ownership and I hear the recipe has changed.

Either way, you didn't specifically say GOOD walleye. :gabe:

If anyone wants to try this all you can eat thing out, it's Thursday and Friday.

are you SURE it is all you can eat Walleye? I know they may "say" it is Walleye, but alot of restaurants (especially out-of-the-way restaurants) will simply call whatever fish they have frozen "Walleye". Used to run into this alot on the road, asked the server how they prepare the "Walleye" only to have her say "Thats strange, I didn't know we served them here..."

I have no idea what the quality of this walleye is, as one fish is too many fish for me. Not a fan, personally.

Call them. I can't imagine they're allowed to lie to you about what fish they are serving. It has been my experience that most "out of the way" places employ fucking idiots, so they likely think the walleye is a ride at Disneyland. I'm about to go home, I'll look as I drive by to verify it still says all you can eat. I can say for sure it did a few days ago.

Edit: Here's your sign

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v691/twistedfocus/78668d53.jpg

Edited by twistedfocus

Call them. I can't imagine they're allowed to lie to you about what fish they are serving.

Of course they're not allowed to, but places do it all the fkn time. It's actually quite common in the restaurant industry as the only way to conclusively prove the fish in question is infact a Walleye (or whatever species the restaurant claims) is to do a DNA analysis $$.

While I was living down in Florida things got so out of hand with restaurants substituting cheap fish in-lieu of Grouper (which was something like $30.00/lb), the Department of Health actually stepped in and instituted random State-Wide DNA testing of all restaurant fish marketed as such (Grouper).

Of course they're not allowed to, but places do it all the fkn time. It's actually quite common in the restaurant industry as the only way to conclusively prove the fish in question is infact a walleye (or whatever species the restaurant claims) is to do a DNA analysis $$.

While I was living down in Florida things got so out of hand with restaurants substituting cheap fish in-lieu of Grouper (which was someting like $30.00/lb) the Department of Health actually stepped in and instituted random State-Wide DNA testing of all restaurant fish sold as such.

That sucks. Since I'm not a fish guy, I have never heard of such shenannigans before.

This place is under new ownership, so it's likely a gimmick to pull in new diners. Not sure if they'd risk supplying faux-walleye, but maybe. I'd try it out since I can literally walk there, but I wouldn't be able to tell a walleye from a catfish myself.