Child Support ?

Johny Utah

Every situation is different. My wife's ex-husband pays child support, half of day care, half of medical bills, half of extra-curricular activities, etc. He has now put himself in a situation with bills that he's wanting to take her back to court to try to get child support and day care suspended. I think he's a fucking dick for not wanting to support his daughter, but that's a whole other story.

Anyway, your situation will just depend on what you 2 can agree to or what the courts decide for you.

best advice to you: been there before, lawyer up!!!

it may be in your interest to pay someone experenced to fight the fight for you. when I first started paying, they messed up the paperwork so I ended up over paying by $60 per week for 7months until it was noticed. Asked for refund and was denied.

have them determine the amount is best that way you won't get screwed and won't loose all your money

They don't care about your money. It's all about the child's best interest. Saying things like "My rent is $1200 a month, I can't afford that and this support note"....You'll get a response of "Find a cheaper place to live".

OP, you can go to courthouse and use the PC that has the child support calc system they use. You'll want to know ALL her expenses and income. You enter that in addition to yours and you'll get a rough idea. It damn near spot on.

Every situation is different. My wife's ex-husband pays child support, half of day care, half of medical bills, half of extra-curricular activities, etc. He has now put himself in a situation with bills that he's wanting to take her back to court to try to get child support and day care suspended. I think he's a fucking dick for not wanting to support his daughter, but that's a whole other story.

Anyway, your situation will just depend on what you 2 can agree to or what the courts decide for you.

Why is that a dick move? you're married and you now have 2 incomes why should he have to pay 1/2 of everything?

...because it's HIS child????

:dumb:

KillJoy

Yes, but now the new husband should play a direct role as a father figure as well. The mother no longer needs the sperm donor to pay 1/2 of everything, child support should now be enough.Far to many people take advantage of it and use that as a source of income.

Yes, but now the new husband should play a direct role as a father figure as well. The mother no longer needs the sperm donor to pay 1/2 of everything, child support should now be enough.Far to many people take advantage of it and use that as a source of income.

Child Support = day care, medical bills, extra-curricular activities, etc.

KillJoy

Child Support = day care, medical bills, extra-curricular activities, etc.

KillJoy

Sully didn't lump it together, he said that his wifes ex husband pays. Child support, half of day care, half of activities, half of medical expenses etc etc...

Now if it was just child support and that's it then im ok with that. But having to pay child support and 1/2 of everything else on top of that is over board. IMHO if the mother has custody and gets remarried then everything should be reassessed based on the new house hold income.

Sully didn't lump it together, he said that his wifes ex husband pays. Child support, half of day care, half of activities, half of medical expenses etc etc...

Now if it was just child support and that's it then im ok with that. But having to pay child support and 1/2 of everything else on top of that is over board. IMHO if the mother has custody and gets remarried then everything should be reassessed based on the new house hold income.

If food, clothing, medical bills, daycare and ec activities are not Child Support (in your eyes), what is?

KillJoy

The child support goes on a card. My wife uses the card only for clothes for the kid and when he can't pay his half of something. Him having to pay child support and 1/2 of everything else is for two reasons: 1. It's his kid too. He should help provide for her; 2. He's only paying like $150 a month in child support. He was suppose to pay a shit ton more, but my wife was trying to be nice, had it reduced, and asked that he pay half of everything else. He agreed to it. Since he bought a house he can't afford, he's saying he can't pay child support or half of the other stuff now. You'd think that since he is OSHP, he'd know better.

There are some guys at my work that pay i think 80 dollars a week in child support.

There is someone on here that said in the divorce thread that he's paying like $1,800 a month.

It will be in your best interest to lawyer up.

Get a lawyer or your screwed. Your gonna be screwed anyways but you can minimize it to some extent with a lawyer. Under normal circumstances you can expect child support, half of medical bills and you will be required to carry insurance on the child. All the other crazy arrangements that you hear about are usually put together between the attorneys. The court very rarely do something like that and child care will be expected to come out of the child support.

They don't care about your money. It's all about the child's best interest. Saying things like "My rent is $1200 a month, I can't afford that and this support note"....You'll get a response of "Find a cheaper place to live".

OP, you can go to courthouse and use the PC that has the child support calc system they use. You'll want to know ALL her expenses and income. You enter that in addition to yours and you'll get a rough idea. It damn near spot on.

They don't care about your bills they take in to effect your income. If you take home 1500 a month they won't make you pay 1200 a month in child care.

Edited by STEVE-O

They don't care aviut our bulls inly take in to effect your income

:fuuuu:

:fuuuu:

:lol:

Why is that a dick move? you're married and you now have 2 incomes why should he have to pay 1/2 of everything?

Because it it is his fucking kid? He made the decision to stick his penis inside of a vagina and kid was a result. He should have to pay for half of everything and support his kid.

It is his fucking responsbility to play the direct role as a father figure. Just because the new husband can take the responsibility, it doesn't mean the real dad is off the hook. If the guy can't man up and take the responsbility of being a dad, the least he can do is pay for half of everything.

Im about to be paying child support. If she takes me to court for child care. Will they make me pay for some of that as well? We were not married and lived together for 2 years and my son is 16 months old.

You will be paying for part of everything including childcare. Being unmarried doesn't change a thing. Be prepared that to back dated support too. You won't get off the hook on that. Lawyer up now. Depending on how she approaches this with her attorney, you might not like the outcome.

Nope. New guy in the picture doesn't mean anything. Legally the OP is the father, period. Nothing changes. Regardless of your opinion on how the child support is spent, it's owed. Don't make me take this 22 pages again. I have a busy night.

Not at all a dick move. Resonsibility man. Nothing relinquishes you. Father still pays for the life he created. The new father didn't bring that child and related expenses into the world. OP Pays.

It is his fucking responsbility to play the direct role as a father figure. Just because the new husband can take the responsibility, it doesn't mean the real dad is off the hook. If the guy can't man up and take the responsbility of being a dad, the least he can do is pay for half of everything.

What he said.