OVR AutoX 8/19

Draco-REX

First AutoX in the BRZ with a real set of tires. Fantastic improvement. The level of grip from a stock-suspension car with just a tire upgrade is amazing. Once I got the tire pressures sorted thcar did everything I asked of it with minimal understeer. I can't wait to get a real alignment on this thing.

I had a good lead on Jones for most of the day, but at the end, Jones pulled off a great run. I think my BRZ has a Half-Second Curse on it. The past two events I've been 0.5 sec behind the car I'm using to benchmark.

Grats Jones! Good driving. :)

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

First AutoX in the BRZ with a real set of tires. Fantastic improvement. The level of grip from a stock-suspension car with just a tire upgrade is amazing. Once I got the tire pressures sorted thcar did everything I asked of it with minimal understeer. I can't wait to get a real alignment on this thing.

I had a good lead on Jones for most of the day, but at the end, Jones pulled off a great run. I think my BRZ has a Half-Second Curse on it. The past two events I've been 0.5 sec behind the car I'm using to benchmark.

Grats Jones! Good driving. :)

Was a ton of fun, thanks bro!

Thanks for the advice to just keep in it, it, everything worked out great and it just sorts itself out!

Great day for it to, a little hot when the sun was out, but great in the shade.

I tried out my new mic in the cowl and it worked great...qucik run of 52.7 seconds

in a Honda Del Sol :D

Interesting. I'm not sure where I'm leaving that second on the track. We had similar lines. I think I just have to work on being smoother.

Interesting. I'm not sure where I'm leaving that second on the track. We had similar lines. I think I just have to work on being smoother.

not that I'm the stig or anything, but it looked like you could have pushed it harder through the slalom

btw, it was nice meeting you, I didnt realize you were a CR member when I was talking to you.

I didn't even get to talk to you brrcats

Draco, I was just more aggressive. I used the 1st run to push the car very hard to find the limits and sometimes pass those limits so I can adjust as necessary for the following runs. I was almost completely flat thru the slalom and u weren't. I was also a bit more aggressive on the brakes and that allowed me to get the car to rotate

It was for sure fun to drive but it's still no miata

Draco, I was just more aggressive. I used the 1st run to push the car very hard to find the limits and sometimes pass those limits so I can adjust as necessary for the following runs. I was almost completely flat thru the slalom and u weren't. I was also a bit more aggressive on the brakes and that allowed me to get the car to rotate

yeah, sometimes I can match up peoples cars to who they might be on CR, but I was a little clueless yesterday.

I should have a few good videos from my car and my buddies car, I got a good video of my friend maegan that was with us riding along.

Next time I'm out I should have my canopy up again. It was a good refuge from the heat during the long wait to drive, everyone is welcome.

Paul will bring his ass out to track day, but won't come out to autox.

I guess holding down the pedal on that automatic Honda AND steering is a bit too much to process.

Nope I vouched to not beat on the daily besides. Afew passes to see how slow it is.

I made the mistake with my previous daily(srt4) and won't be making that mistake again.

Nothing to autox with sorry bud. When I get another ride ill come out and race. Untill then track days on the bike or skipping accross the water weeeeeeee

Ok, ran both side by side and there was a gain in the slalom. But there was a steady gain across the whole lap too. You got out of the right hander before the 2-cone slalom better than I did, but it looks like I made up a bit in the final S before the finish.

Also, that run was a 54.4 vs my best of a 53.7 so it's not the best sample of my driving that day. I could squeeze a bit more out of the slalom, but I didn't want to over-drive it. The car was stable, but by the last couple gates the rear was getting unsettled.

The car is designed to slide at the limit in its factory setup and if I pushed much harder I think my times would have dropped off significantly. 0 camber in the front and -0.5 in the rear is not a good setup for ultimate grip.

All I got out of this was jones beat you...

If you want to play that game, Das Borgen beat both Jones and I in a Del Sol. :gabe:

What times were others running?

Would like to have an idea where it sits or compares with other platforms?

RAW times

Class times

I was in STX because my new wheels bump me out of C-Stock (RTR). Funny thing is, If I had stuck with 7" wide wheels I would have won RTR with my times.

Looks like Das Borgen was in STS and Jones in SMS.

I did beat Jones on PAX, but I don't care about PAX all that much.

E36 M3 in SMS, I ran a 49.9.

I'll post up a video tonight once I get home from work, if you want further comparison.

Draco, here's what I noticed from your vid:

@:27 way too wide of a line after the slalom, you're car (from what I've heard) rotates very nicely and you could have taken a tighter line there (you'll see on my vid when I post tonight)

@:39 too wide again, get in on that cone so you can let the car 'track out' more for the pinch cone

@:53 braking too early, carry a little more speed and try and get the car to rotate again for the pinch cone there too

heard you go to 1st for the 2 180's.....seemed like the car was really 'twitchy' and you may have been better off just keeping it in tight and 'just getting through' the finish.......

My .02

E36 M3 in SMS, I ran a 49.9.

I'll post up a video tonight once I get home from work.

Were you the one that spun in the sweeper after the first slalom and yelled out "FUCK!" ?

EDIT: Looking at the times, I think that was your co-driver. He yelled it so loud workers need corner 1 were laughing. :lolguy:

Were you the one that spun in the sweeper after the first slalom and yelled out "FUCK!" ?

EDIT: Looking at the times, I think that was your co-driver. He yelled it so loud workers need corner 1 were laughing. :lolguy:

Haha, no that wasn't me, that was Gary. I got a little squirmy through there but held it together :fuckyeah:

RAW times

Class times

I was in STX because my new wheels bump me out of C-Stock (RTR). Funny thing is, If I had stuck with 7" wide wheels I would have won RTR with my times.

Not on raw time. I had a 53.5 raw, fastest in the RTR class, but with PAX I got put into third. You would have beat me as well with PAX.

One of the black BMW's almost took us out on turn 4 in the morning, got us old folks movin pretty good.

Haha, no that wasn't me, that was Gary. I got a little squirmy through there but held it together :fuckyeah:

Not on raw time. I had a 53.5 raw, fastest in the RTR class, but with PAX I got put into third. You would have beat me as well with PAX.

One of the black BMW's almost took us out on turn 4 in the morning, got us old folks movin pretty good.

This black BMW(in sig) ? :gabe: Yup that was Gary ^^

What times were others running?

Would like to have an idea where it sits or compares with other platforms?

My times are not representative of what the car would run in capable hands.

When I did 2 driver events with Ben he would typically put out times 2+ seconds faster than me in my car.

Driver is everything..:fuuuu: