OVR AutoX 8/19

Draco-REX

Not on raw time. I had a 53.5 raw, fastest in the RTR class, but with PAX I got put into third. You would have beat me as well with PAX.

One of the black BMW's almost took us out on turn 4 in the morning, got us old folks movin pretty good.

TT-RS > Z06 :gabe:

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This black BMW(in sig) ? :gabe: Yup that was Gary ^^

yeah, he tightetned it up later in the afternoon, but for a while there I was poised and ready to dive out of the way.

TT-RS > Z06 :gabe:

meh, .3 sec

:dumb:

drag race? :masturboy:

@:27 way too wide of a line after the slalom, you're car (from what I've heard) rotates very nicely and you could have taken a tighter line there (you'll see on my vid when I post tonight)

I tried it tight and I had to dump speed for the "bridge" because the front started pushing.

@:39 too wide again, get in on that cone so you can let the car 'track out' more for the pinch cone

You can hear my tires squealing through that turn. Any tighter and it'd start pushing again. The understeer was like a switch. Once it flipped I had to back off to get the front to turn in again. So I had to stay under that point to keep the car neutral.

@:53 braking too early, carry a little more speed and try and get the car to rotate again for the pinch cone there too

I might have been able to do this, but at this point on the course I had "aggressive entry = understeer" hammered into me so I went for a smoother line.

heard you go to 1st for the 2 180's.....seemed like the car was really 'twitchy' and you may have been better off just keeping it in tight and 'just getting through' the finish.......

This part was more working around the engine. The two 180s were a little fast for 1st and a little slow for 2nd. In 2nd gear the car was right in the torque valley and was slow getting through the corners. If they were slower, or faster I'd have been able to stay in 2nd.

My .02

Absolutely appreciate it. The first bits of the suspension arrived today. I hope to make it to one or both of the events in October and I'll try more aggressive entries once I get some negative camber on the car.

I think I was getting enough weight transfer that the outside front was going very positive. I should have felt the temps across the tire, but didn't think of it.

It's funny that my corner entries are being pointed at. In RallyX a fast aggressive corner entry is mandatory for a turbo car so the driver can get on the gas sooner and get the turbo spooled for exit. Usually that hurts in AutoX and with the BRZ being a "momentum car" I've been working on smoothing out my corners and trying to carry speed, rather than just diving in.

Not on raw time. I had a 53.5 raw, fastest in the RTR class, but with PAX I got put into third. You would have beat me as well with PAX.

One of the black BMW's almost took us out on turn 4 in the morning, got us old folks movin pretty good.

Yeah, RTR is a PAX class. Are you going to stay RTR or get some slicks for SS?

Yeah, RTR is a PAX class. Are you going to stay RTR or get some slicks for SS?

Not sure, I know I dont really stand a chance in SS without slicks, but I'm not really in a position to buy a set since I just dropped $1700 on the street tires I have on here now.

http://www.ovr-scca.org/gallery/photos/Autocross/2012/PE08%2008-19-2012%20Peter%20Bedrosian/20120819-ovr_points_8-1305.jpg

ah, I remember seeing you, had the cool blue mirrored visor

http://www.ovr-scca.org/gallery/photos/Autocross/2012/PE08%2008-19-2012%20Peter%20Bedrosian/20120819-ovr_points_8-1409.jpg

http://www.ovr-scca.org/gallery/photos/Autocross/2012/PE08%2008-19-2012%20Peter%20Bedrosian/20120819-ovr_points_8-2913.jpg

Here's some crazy understeer in the last corner. :D

http://www.ovr-scca.org/gallery/photos/Autocross/2012/PE08%2008-19-2012%20Peter%20Bedrosian/20120819-ovr_points_8-2924.jpg

http://www.ovr-scca.org/gallery/photos/Autocross/2012/PE08%2008-19-2012%20Peter%20Bedrosian/20120819-ovr_points_8-2925.jpg

Jones, u gonna be at the next event?

Can I codrive your car?

I could maybe provide some pointers and general guidance. You are looking better than when you first started at the beginning of the year

Depending on the weather, I might be, as of now it says mid 90's which is way beyond my comfort zone. I'll be back in the fall..:megusta:

^You made it look so easy!

+1

He's cheating and using some suit of skill or something...:fuuuu:

Thanks guys.....many many hours of seat time on an autocross course and being able to read 'the line'

My car is always open for ride alongs (except for my last one of the day) just come ask me

At least you're looking ahead :dumb:

Yeah, I hope I didn't confuse you too much trying to give you pointers on your set-up, It looks like you got your grip under control though in the afternoon......was that more throttle modulation or from adjusting pressures and rebound?

^You made it look so easy!

+1

He's cheating and using some suit of skill or something...:fuuuu:

Thanks guys.....many many hours of seat time on an autocross course and being able to read 'the line'

My car is always open for ride alongs (except for my last one of the day) just come ask me

He cheats, don't listen to his reasons :lolguy:

But seriously, ride with Kale...makes a world of a difference to see the line and feel the differences on how he approaches the course.